- "I am not Milton Fine, Superman...I am Vril Dox of the Planet Colu!! But I possess Fine's body...Fine's power!! I have become Brainiac and your master!!!"
- ― Vril Dox I/Brainiac to Superman (DC Comics) after taking control of Milton Fine's body
- "Sorry kid, but you're MY puppet now!"
- ― Bill Cipher while inside Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls)
- "A fruit loop would not have been able to make his first million with a series of invisible burglaries! A fruit loop would never have thought to overshadow enough millionaires to become one of the richest men on the planet! I AM NOT A FRUTT LOOP!"
- ― Vlad Masters/Plasmius's response to Danny calling him a fruit loop for spying on him (Danny Phantom)
The power to inhabit the body of a living being. Opposite to Exorcism.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Videos
- Body Hijacking
- Body Possession
- Psionic Possession
- Take-Over Magic
User can inhabit or take over the body of any living being, whether sentient or not, by stealing their motor functions and senses. Users may or may not have to leave their own body for this to take place. Disembodied users such as spirits may use the body as their own.
- Possession Attacks
- Temporarily/permanently inhabit the body of the target.
- Take complete control of a target's body, even using it as your own (the target is then known as a vessel).
- Control a person's actions.
- The very spirit/soul can leave the body freely.
- Skilled users can possess multiple host bodies while retaining their own or even while occupying another vessel.
- When the user possesses a body, they gain the skills and powers of the body.
- Probe/gain access to the memories of the host body.
- Can possess a body which can be useful for espionage and can lie dormant inside the person's mind and body.
- Utilize as a last resort to escape a dying body and to achieve immortality.
- The overshadowed being might be able to fuse with them creating a new being.
- The user can invade/walk their victims dreams and manipulate it from there.
- Animal Possession
- Assimilative Possession
- Biophysical Possession
- Empathic Possession
- Infestation/Orifice Invasion - Biological possession by entering the target's body.
- Multi Possession
- Multilayered Possession
- Object Possession
- Partial Possession
- Possessive Body
- Possessive Power Absorption
- Possessive Replication
- Possession Magic
- Possessive Teleportation - Warping from host to host.
- Remote Possession
- Spirit Possession
- Technological Possession
- Astral Manipulation
- Astral Projection
- Body Manipulation - Alter the host to resemble their original forms.
- Consciousness Transferal
- Demon Physiology
- Mind Manipulation
- Parasite Physiology
- Possessive Transformation
- Voice Manipulation - to match the voice of the user possessing.
- May be cast out of the host through Exorcism.
- Users of Indomitable Will are either resistant or immune.
- Cannot possess those with Possession Immunity or Control Immunity.
- Overtaken host may be able to fight back for their body.
- May be banished/purify through Omni Purification
- May need to focus to return to original body.
- May be overpowered by the host, placing the inhabitant in a sleep-like state.
- May have to touch the target for transfer to be made.
- May only work with one body at a time for new users.
- May only be able to use another's body with the host's permission.
- May be banished through Purification.
- May need to switch bodies often in order to preserve their life.
- May die if the host is killed.
- User's presence may cause damage to the host (sheer power, physiology rejection, etc.).
- May kill the host in the process by "crushing" them from the inside.
- The inhabitant's actual body may be vulnerable to attack and the inhabitant may die or become trapped in the host if the possessor's body is damaged/destroyed beyond repair.
- May not have control over the host body, but simply influence the host with Mind Control.
- Users of Telepathy may be resistant or immune.
- May require specific host bodies.
- Kowaina's Mask (Yes! Pretty Cure 5)
- Hoshina's Ball (Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GoGo!)
- Necronomicon Ex-Mortis (The Evil Dead series)
- SCP-035 - Possessive Mask (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-1510 - The Tarnished Legionnaire (SCP Foundation)
- Anubis (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part III Stardust Crusaders)
- Gikon (Bleach)