- "I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death."
- ― Professor Severus Snape to his students (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)
The ability to create beverages that can result in magical effects. Variation of Powerful Objects.
- Beverage Magic/Mysticism
- Elixir Brewing
- Magic/Mystic Beverage Creation
- Magic/Mystic Drug Crafting
- Magical/Mystical Cooking
Alternate names for Potions
- Magic/Magical Beverage
- Magic/Magical Concoction
- Magic/Magical Drug
- Magic/Magical Recipe
User can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
- Make all kinds of concoctions from different ingredients.
- Make potions that can grant special abilities.
- Create healing potions.
- Create potions that grants invisibility.
- Create potions that can enhance one's natural abilities.
- Make a sleeping potion.
- Make a love potion.
- Create potions/poisons that can kill.
- Make potions that can change one's appearance.
- Create a potion to give non-human creatures human traits,
- Create a potion to resurrect the recently dead.
- Create potions that allow one to take the form of matter.
- Potions can also be amplified for greater effect.
- Create a potion to augment someone's power.
- Create potions to reanimate the remains of the dead.
- Create potions that grant immortality.
- Ordinary humans may be able to concoct magical potions.
- Can be achieved through the Mystic Arts.
- Culinary Intuition
- Magical Medicine Manipulation
- Medical Intuition
- Potion Immunity
- Powerful Objects
- Each effect may have a separate formula.
- May require a laboratory/workshop and time.
- May need special ingredients in order to create potions, such as a human heart or dragon's egg.
- Effects of potions are temporary, unless they are specifically made to be permanent.
- May require Magic for the potion to take full effect or be crafted.
- May require training for certain potions.
- Incorrect brewing may cause backfiring.
- Certain potions are specific about portion and amount acquired in the recipes.
- Potions may be useless against those with Potion Immunity.
- Depending of the potion, one must drink or get hit by it to obtain the effect.
- The Immortality Potions (Death Becomes Her)
- Felix Felicis (Harry Potter)
- Polyjuice Potion (Harry Potter)
- Veritaserum (Harry Potter)
- Holy Vitamin β (The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
- Potions (The Legend of Zelda series)