- "Woah. What a rush. How do you do it kid? Even Superman never recharged this fast."
- ― Rudolph "Rudy" Jones/Parasite after absorbing Superboy's powers. (Young Justice)
- Ability Absorption/Assimilation/Draining/Siphoning/Stealing/Theft
- Bending Severing (Avatar the Legend of Korra)
- Power Assimilation/Draining/Siphoning/Stealing/Theft
The user can absorb powers from others, usually temporarily and the victims naturally regain their lost power, but some users may be able to absorb powers permanently.
- Power Erasure
- Power Negation
- Power Mixture by combining absorbed powers.
- Talent Theft
- Demonic Power Absorption
- Divine Power Absorption
- Draconic Power Absorption
- Empathic Power Absorption
- Enhanced Power Absorption
- Meta Power Absorption
- Possessive Power Absorption
- Post-Mortem Power Absorption
- Power Borrowing
- Power Containment
- Regenerative Absorption
- Strength Absorption
- Anti-Power Weaponry
- Consumptive Replication
- Death-Force Absorption
- Enhanced Power Absorption
- Life-Force Absorption
- Self-Power Augmentation only when absorbing the same power or ability.
- Self-Power Bestowal
- Ability weaknesses can also be transferred.
- Cannot absorb Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience or other Omnipotent Powers.
- User cannot absorb powers that are linked to basic anatomy.
- Or, if they do, Body Horror may result.
- Cannot absorb any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity, Power Anchoring or Singularity.
- Two results following user's death:
- The stolen powers return to their original owners.
- The powers vanish out of existence.
- May be permanent on the target and/or User.
- May be unable to use the absorbed powers.
- May be unable to either discard or transfer the powers.
- May be constantly active.
- May be limited to how much one can absorb.
- May have limited range, including touch only.
- May be need see the activation of the power.
- May need to fulfill certain requirements in order to absorb a power.
- Power may no longer be usable if the original user of the absorbed power dies.
- May not be able to choose which power they can absorb.
- May be unable to control absorbed abilities.
- May be limited to beings that are relatively similar to the user.
- Users of Indomitable Will may be resistant.
- May gain only weakened variations of others' powers.
- Absorbing too much power may be fatal if the users body normally is not as strong as the target.
- Physical powers, like Multiple Arms and Multiple Eyes, may be painful to absorb.
- Yo-kai Watchers (Yo-kai Watch franchises); only Yo-kai energy
- Ascalon (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien)
- The Hollow (Charmed)
- Power-Sucking Athame (Charmed)
- Time Blades/Chronosteel (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Blue Crystal (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Soul Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Sorceror's Hat (Once Upon a Time)
- The Transistor (Transistor)
- Third Prana (Sidekicks)
- The Trident Stone (Mako Mermaids)
- Balcoin Medallion (The Secret Circle)
- Morphogenesis Exoskeleton (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1987)
- Sun Chi Lantern (Xiaolin Showdown)
- The Arsene Amulet (Epithet Erased)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.