- "In the era before the Avatar, we bent not the elements but the energy within ourselves."
- ― The Lion Turtle
- Ability Erasure
- Ability/Power Extraction/Curing/Deletion/Nullification/Removal/Stripping
- Ability/Power Removing
- Bending Severing (Avatar: The Legend of Korra)
The user can eliminate/remove the supernatural powers of others, so they won't have access to them.
- Anti-Power Weaponry
- Energy Erasure
- Energy Scattering
- Healing Erasure
- Phenomenon Elimination
- Physical Law Erasure
- Powerlessness Inducement
- Power Absorption
- Power Containment
- Power Destruction
- Power Negation
- Skill Erasure
- Superpower Manipulation
- Power Restoration can reverse this power's effects.
- May become inflicted/infected with target's emotions.
- Cannot erase the user's powers of Absolute Immortality, Absolute Regeneration, Meta Resurrection, Omnipotence and Omnilock.
- Useless against Meta Power Immunity.
- Users of Power Reflection can reflect the erasure back to the user
- Cannot strip any power from those with Power Absorption Immunity, Power Anchoring or Singularity.
- May have a limited distance/amount of targets, including touch only.
- May be temporary.
- May kill the target.
- Power/Energy Disruptor Ray (Justice League Unlimited)
- Power Stripping Potion (Charmed)
- Anti-Promicin (The 4400)
- Quirk Destroying Bullets (My Hero Academia)
- Gold Kryptonite (DC Comics)
- Blue Crystal (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- Chronosteel (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu); via Energy Absorption/Elemental Absorption/Power Absorption
- Antidote X (The Powerpuff Girls)
- Gem Rejuvenator (Steven Universe: The Movie)