- "It took you a lifetime to gain your power, and me only seconds to acquire and better it."
- ― Hart Druiter/Nemesis Kid, explaining about his signature power (DC Comics)
- Counter/Counteraction/Nemesis Power
- Power Domination
User can develop a super-power to counteract another person's abilities. For example, if the other person is using Fire Manipulation, the user could develop Water Manipulation to counteract that power. Also, if the opponent is using Reality Warping, the user could develop Reality Anchoring to counteract that power.
- Can be used to defend against the other person's power.
- Can develop powers to counteract obstacles around the user.
- Can turn the tide of a battle.
- Develop counter powers to counter others' abilities.
- Self-Adaptive Power
- Useful against multiple power holders having both passive and active ability counters.
- Anti-Power Weaponry
- Focused Group Counter
- Meta Power Opposition
- Power Reversal
- Reactive Adaptation
- Reactive Invulnerability
- Strategy Adaptation
- Superpower Manipulation
- User has weak points before they obtain opposite/counteractive powers.
- Developed powers may be temporary.
- Some powers don't have an opposite or a counteractive ability.
- The user may need to learn how to use acquired power.
- Users may or may not be able to control adaptations.
- New adaptations may take time to develop.
- May be limited to certain number of counteractive abilities at a time.
- Combat sense or team-up tactics may cause problems.
- May need to observe targets powers to know what powers to use.
- Physical counter powers like Auxiliary Organs, may be painful to obtain.