- "Every demon has an aspect of the Diaboli. I was born with the most curious ability: copy those aspects!"
- ― Marneao, explaining about his main power to replicate abilities. (My Best Friend Marneao)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Technique
- 5 Variations
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Gallery
- Ability Copying/Duplication/Imitation/Mimicry/Replication
- Absorption Cells (DC Comics)
- Copy Ability (Kirby)
- Imitator Physiology
- Power Copying/Duplication/Imitation/Mimicry
- Pluripotent Echopraxia (Marvel Comics)
- Aura Manipulation (Unordinary)
The user is able to mimic and replicate the powers of objects and/or subjects around oneself. Unlike Empathic Mimicry, this is not empathic, but strictly physical or psychic as it simply mimics the psychic energy outputs, genetic structure or superhuman physiology that enable abilities in other people. User can even stack several powers together, which may lead to Power Mixture.
In addition, Power Replication can also come in useful as a support ability during battle. When the user's allies come across a threat that requires co-operation to take down, he/she can duplicate one of his/her own partner's powers, which can turn the tables against the enemy at full force.
- Attack Recording/Skill Replication
- Replicate a person's powers and use it as one's own.
- Power Echo
- Power Mixture by combining copied powers.
- Power-Shifting/Power Opposition
- Ability Learning/Power Teaching: can copy other powers/abilities simply by learning how to use them. They can train/instruct/teach to others how to use special powers/abilities. By observing the desired ability and focusing upon it, they can copy it.
- Adaptive Power Replication: replicate another power and become immune to that power.
- Animal Imitation: mimic the traits of animals.This ability can be accompanied by touching the animal first or looking at the animal. One with this ability can mimic the Tri-chromatic color vision of a salamander, the agility of a gazelle, the flight of a hawk, the climbing ability of a spider, or the strength of an ant. Some times users may be able to mimic the skills, traits and or powers of higher order animals like humans or sentient demons.
- Attack Replication: replicate the attacks/techniques of others.
- Attribute Replication: replicate the physical and mental attributes of others.
- Deceased Power Replication: replicate the powers and abilities of the the deceased.
- Defense Replication: replicate the defenses and defense techniques of others.
- Diminished Power Replication: copy the powers and abilities of others but at a weaker level.
- Empathic Mimicry: absorb abilities and reproduce them based on the emotions that they are connected with.
- Engineering Mimicry: machine based ability replication. Observe and duplicate the efficacious nature of mechanical conception.
- Energy Emulation: scan and mimic the differing energy signatures spread across the ergokinetic spectrum.
- Enhanced Power Replication: gaining enhanced variants of powers.
- Evolving Power Replication: acquire and tactfully augment originally weaker copied abilities.
- Fashion-Based Mimicry/Mimicry Form, also called Wardrobe-Based Mimicry, Clothing-Based Mimicry, Fashion-Based Abilities, Wardrobe-Based Abilities, or Clothing-Based Abilities or Clothing Generation: gain superhuman powers based on the clothes one wears. By simply wearing a tuxedo, one with this ability might gain the ability Spying Skill; by wearing a lab coat and/or glasses, one might gain Superhuman Intelligence; by wearing a chef’s uniform, one might gain supreme cooking skill, and the like. This ability may be accompanied by a Fashion Sense.
- Note: One with this ability employs a quantum sympathetic connection between a costume/outfit and the subject that the costume/outfit is supposed to look like (this same quantum connection may also make the user act like the subject they’re dressed like, until the user takes the costume off)
- Haemopotent Replication: copy powers using blood as a medium
- Hereditary Mimicry: copy/emulate a trait, characteristic, or ability exhibited by one’s ancestors, or living relatives. See also Ancestral Evocation
- Illusory Power Replication: creating the illusion of copying another's powers only this illusion is a real illusion that simulates multiple abilities perfectly in reality.
- Intuitive Replication: copy and intuitively understand abilities.
- Knowledge Replication: mimic non-power abilities (such as acrobatic skills or the ability to do math) by absorbing the knowledge, training, and memories of the target.
- Loyalty Based Power Replication: copy powers by anyone being loyal to the user.
- Magic Replication: replicate the magic of others or anything.
- Potential Replication: replicate the potential of others or anything.
- Power Replication Field: emit a field that allows the user to copy the powers of others within the field.
- Property Replication: replicate properties.
- Psyche/Aura Mimicry: mimic the aura or psyche of subjects, instead of psychically realigning their genetics/psychic output/physical features.
- Reactionary Replication: copy the powers of others after they have been used on the user.
- Sensory Replication: copy the senses of other people.
- Telepathic Mimicry: copy another's power via a telepathic link.
- Visual Power Mimicry: copy the powers of others through observation.
- Action Replication
- Almighty Replication
- Avatar Replication
- Concept Replication
- Elemental Replication
- Energy Replication
- Future Replication
- Interior Mimicry
- Mimicry Inducement
- Opposite Mimicry
- Past Replication
- Power Mimicry Bestowal
- Superior Traits Combination
- Total Mimicry
- Type Replication
- Unlike Power Absorption, the users are unable to steal the powers, just replicate them as their own. Whereas the former assimilates them which in turn causes the target to permanently/temporarily lose their abilities, the latter is not capable of doing such.
- Cannot replicate Omnipotence, Omnipresence, Omniscience or other Omnipotent Powers.
- Despite the powers being replicated from other opponents, the powers will still have every single limitation that the abilities would possibly possess, for example, Fire Manipulation is useless against Fire Immunity.
- Cannot copy the powers of users of Power Mimicry Immunity, Power Anchoring or Singularity.
- May have a time-limit for how long the powers are retained.
- Accumulation may cause a power overload.
- Physical powers, like Multiple Hearts, and Fang Retraction, may be painful to replicate.
- May only be able to copy a limited amount of powers at a time.
- May need to be within a certain distance.
- Does not work against Replication Negation.
- May need physical contact.
- May not be able to access full capabilities of powers.
- May be able to copy powers only in inferior/weakened form.
- May lose replicated powers and need to re-replicate again to retain them.
- May not be able to replicate technology-based abilities, only to replicate the power to manipulate it, unless they have Object Replication or Technology Imitation.
- May not be able to choose what powers they can copy from their opponents. In short, the power in question will be quite unruly as it'll just simply copy every single power possible that the opponent or ally has.
- May be permanent on the target and/or user, meaning they wouldn't be able to discard the powers as they choose to unless they possess Power Discarding.
- Higher-level powers may be more difficult to copy.
- Certain combinations of powers may be painful together.
- May be unable to mimic copied/stolen powers.
- May be unable to evolve/improve the power as the original user can unless they also have Enhanced Power Replication.
See also: Power Copying.
- Enrakyōten (Bleach)
- Kopi Kopi no Mi (One Piece)
- Second Prana (Sidekicks)
- Void Wanzang the Library (Honkai Impact 3rd)
- Meteor (Paw Patrol)