- "You can bleed us to the brink of death, crush every bone in our bodies, it only makes us more powerful!"
- ― Vegeta to Cui, Dragon Ball Z
The ability to develop adaptations, powers, or skills in response to immediate threats. Not to be confused with Evolution.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Examples
- 6 Associations
- 7 Limitations
- 8 Known Users
- 9 Known Objects
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Videos
- Instant Adaptation
- Instant Evolution
- Reactive Evolution
- Spontaneous Adaptation
The users can either instantly develop powers or abilities to deal with threats or their bodies dynamically learn from experience. Depending on the user's control of the power or genetic structure, the reactive effects can be permanent or temporary.
For example, after a certain situation, the user's skin may become tougher. They may display increased IQ after a difficult test or fortified emotions after a personal argument. The user may be able to read different languages after moments of looking them up or be able to withstand a constant bombardment of radiation. Some users may develop Enhanced Speed after being shot, or grow Dermal Armor, or gain the opposite power of their opponent.
In some instances, a magical object may express similar powers.
- Acquired Immunity
- Adaptive Appearance
- Adaptive Augmentation
- Defeat Adaptation
- Defense Adaptation
- Limitation Transcendence
- Power Immunity in terms of adapting and becoming immune to that threat
- Power Opposition
- Reactive Invulnerability
- Reactionary Immunity
- Reactionary Replication
- Skill Adaptation
- Adaptive Attacks: The users' attacks/techniques are capable of adapting.
- Adaptive Movement: The user's movements are capable of adapting.
- Adaptive Resistance: The user develops a resistance to something that has affected them, most commonly after taking damage.
- Adaptive Resurrection
- Advantage Adaptation: The user adapts to their opponent by developing an advantage over them.
- Biological Manipulation: Users reactively enhance their bodies in multiple ways usually encompassing one of the personal enhancements.
- Body Adaptation: Adapt to being in another body.
- Chaos Adaptation: The users reactively adapt to any kind of chaos put in front of them.
- Course Adaptation: The users can adapt to any course or path of movement and become better at them.
- Damage Memorization: The users memorize the damage their bodies take, thus rendering themselves immune to the same attack or move twice.
- Dermal Adaptation: The users reactively change the texture, color, and density of their skin to suit the situation.
- Environmental Adaptation: The users reactively alter or shift their bodies in order to survive in their surroundings.
- Mind Manipulation: The users reactively alter their own minds and control their positive or negative effects, perhaps even turning on other Mental Abilities.
- Physical Force Adaptation: The users reactively adapt to physical forces.
- Physical Law Adaptation: The users reactively adapt to any kind of physical laws.
- Reactive Attribute Enhancement: The users reactively develop enhancements for situations, combat or tasks.
- Supersede: Reactively and automatically enter an even higher level when confronted with a stronger adversary.
- Self-Adaptive Power: The users abilities are able to adapt themselves.
- Situational Speed: The user is literally as fast as they need to be at any given moment.
- Situational Strength: The user is literally as powerful as they need to be at any given moment.
- Society Adaptation: Adapt to different societies.
- Sensory Adaptation: The user can adapt to sensory situations.
- Strategy Adaptation: The user can adapt to different strategies and tricks.
- Superior Adaptation: Adapt to utterly anything and everything.
- Aquatic Breathing after being submerged in water.
- Atmospheric Adaptation to changing gases.
- Damage Memorization to render oneself immune to certain types of attacks, such as limb severing.
- Elasticity to fit through small openings.
- Enhanced Durability before being hit by a semi.
- Enhanced Intelligence in against mentally incomprehensible threats.
- Enhanced Strength when being attacked by foes of great numbers.
- Fire Immunity when exposed to flames.
- Flight when falling off of a cliff.
- Night Vision after being in the dark for a few seconds.
- Omnilingualism when attempting to read or listening to a different language.
- Teleportation if confronted by a force much stronger than oneself.
- Being able to survive without oxygen and being able to withstand the vacuum of space.
- Becoming pure energy.
- Adaptation Manipulation
- Adaptive Armor
- Adaptive Regeneration
- Adaptive Shield Construction
- Adaptive Weaponry
- It may evolve into Evolution, unlocking more adaptations and abilities.
- If combined with Evolution, one may gain Superior Adaptation.
- If combined with Self-Resurrection, one may gain Adaptive Resurrection.
- If combined with Precognition, one may gain Preemptive Adaptation.
- The extent and speed of adaptations may vary between users.
- Adaptations may only be temporary.
- The user may die before the adaptation takes place
- The users may or may not be able to control these adaptations.
- New adaptations may grow naturally or be produced as a monstrosity.
- Usually dependent upon a direct threat to the person, resulting in responsive action.
- Learning some adaptations may negate other adaptations (e.g. learning to breathe water may prevent breathing air).
- Some adaptations may be in conjunction with weaknesses.
- Some threats are impossible to adapt to.
- Some reactions may have a delayed response.
- Certain hidden threats may not be reacted to.
- Great Sacred Treasure (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Ten Commandments Sword (Rave Master)
- Decalogue (Rave Master)
- Anubis (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part III: Stardust Crusaders)
- Stand Arrows (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
- Omega-1 Nanite (Generator Rex)