- "Reality has exiled me. I am no longer bound by its laws."
- ― Ixidor, Reality Sculptor (Magic: The Gathering)
- "Reality is often disappointing. That is, it was. Now, reality can be whatever I want."
- ― Thanos (Avengers: Infinity War)
- "I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN *DO* THESE THINGS!!"
- ― Charlie The Unicorn
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Techniques
- 5 Variations
- 6 Power Level
- 7 Associations
- 8 Limitations
- 9 Universal Differences
- 10 Known Users
- 11 Known Objects
- 12 Known Places
- 13 Gallery
- Actuality Manipulation
- Elseworld Creation (Arrowverse)
- Existential State Manipulation
- Objective Reality Distortion
- Reality Adjustment/Alteration/Bending/Control/Distortion/Manipulation/Overwriting (SCP Foundation)
User can create, shape, and manipulate reality just by thinking about it; while weaker users are limited to what is already considered "real", stronger ones can make changes from nothing. Depending on the power of a reality warper, they may alter something as tangible as physics and the universe to something inconceivable like logic.
The way the power actually works is when the user controls the very existential state of anything depending on their proficiency, regardless of whether or not the entity in question is an object or subject, among so many or most others depending on their power scale. It can range from transmogrifying objects or subjects into something different, altering the laws of reality, logic, and physics, creating things out of thin air, to even outright erasing it on the spot.
Any and all scientific or natural laws such as biology, causality, physics, or even time, – they no longer apply to the user. Yes, for all intents and purposes, a Reality Warper can literally do anything they want. Anything.
The key issue here is how far one can take this. A character with a mild form of this power may be able to fly by negating the effect of gravity on himself. A major case of this may be able to hiccup and accidentally tear the space-time continuum. High-end Reality Warpers tend to be related to the setting itself, such as being one of the sentient cosmic laws. For the really high-end ones, see The Omnipotent.
Running into characters with such powers can be incredibly chancy. Arguing with the more powerful ones may well be futile, especially since they can literally reject your reality and substitute their own.
Because absolute power corrupts absolutely, characters with this high a level of power are quite likely to go or be bad. They might even deem themselves to be gods; what's worse, even the only moderately powerful ones are arguably right.
- Ability Creation
- Alternate Reality Creation
- Cosmic Creation
- Empathic Creation
- Imagination Manifestation
- Life Creation
- Reality Constructs
- Reality Creation
- Reality Defense
- Reality Solidification
- Cosmic Destruction
- Energy Erasure
- Reality Attacks
- Space Depletion
- Time Destruction
- Total Event Collapse
- Infinite Supply
- Reality Condition
- Reality Defiance
- Reactive Adaptation
- Supernatural Condition
- Biological Manipulation:
- Cosmological Force Manipulation:
- Elemental Manipulation:
- Superpower Manipulation
- Unique Manipulations:
- Absolute Force Manipulation
- Absolute Law Manipulation
- Absolute Psionic Power
- Answer Manipulation
- Being Manipulation
- Beyondness Manipulation
- Bond Manipulation
- Boundary Manipulation
- Causality Manipulation
- Continuity Manipulation
- Detail Manipulation
- Determinant Manipulation
- Distinction Manipulation
- Event Manipulation
- Existence Manipulation
- Fact Manipulation
- Inner Nature Manipulation
- Interbeing Manipulation
- Link Manipulation
- Metaphysics Manipulation
- Meta Matter Manipulation
- Meta Power Manipulation
- Meta Probability Manipulation
- Meta Space-Time Manipulation
- Nothingness Manipulation
- Pataphysics Manipulation
- Realistic Appearance Manipulation
- Trans-Reality Manipulation
- Trouble Manipulation
- Truth Manipulation
- Universal Manipulation
- World Manipulation
- Bio-Reality Manipulation: Warp reality via naturally generated energy.
- Biomech Interface: Warp reality via organites.
- Cartoon Physics: Replace or apply absurd laws of the universe.
- Chaos Magic: Manipulate reality via the mystical chaotic forces
- Choicifery: Manipulate reality via choices.
- Comic Narration: Control reality via comic books.
- Conceptual Music: Control reality via songs.
- Dual Warping: Warp reality both rationally and irrationally.
- Electromagnetic Warping: Alter reality by controlling electromagnetism on the subatomic/quantum level.
- Fairytale Warping: Alter reality by via the principles of storytelling.
- Faithifery: Alter reality according to one's belief.
- Gesturify: Affect the very fabric of reality simply by using different forms of gestures.
- Logic Manipulation: Control the very rules of logic and reason.
- Mentifery: Power to turn thoughts and imagination into reality; the original and purest form of reality warping.
- Miming: Interact and change reality via miming.
- Narration: Manipulate reality via writing.
- Natural Warping: Change reality via tapping into natural energies.
- Oneiric Reality Manipulation: Warp reality via dreams/nightmares.
- Pathifery: Control reality based on instincts/emotions, rather than actual coherent thoughts or words.
- Phenomenon Manipulation: Control, as well as create supernatural phenomenon/anomalies which defy the laws of physics.
- Possibility Reconstruction: Control reality with already existing possibilities.
- Primordial Reality Manipulation: Control the original pre-reality.
- Psycho Warping: Control reality by psionic means.
- Quantum String Manipulation: Distort reality by manipulating quantum strings.
- Reality Artistry: Control reality via art.
- Reality Field Projection: Project an effect field that grants the user control over all reality in it.
- Reality Level Manipulation: Control the various levels of reality.
- Reality Magic: Control reality through magic.
- Etherius Warping: Manipulate reality via extensive control over the fifth element, "Ether", which is present in all of existence.
- Reality Playing: Transform games into reality.
- Reality Randomization: Control reality in a random way.
- Reality Remote: Control reality through a remote.
- Reality Weaponry: Manipulate reality with weapons.
- Science Manipulation: Control reality by controlling the scientific law.
- Spatial Warping: Control reality by controlling space.
- Subjective Reality: Turn fantasies into a reality by manipulating the boundary between them.
- Temporal Warping: Control reality by controlling time.
- True Illusion: Turn your illusions into reality.
- Uncertainty Manipulation: Warp reality via paranormal and unfathomable feats, allowing creations of anomalies and among other things.
- Virtual Warping: Control reality in computer-like fashion.
- Data Warping: Control reality by Data, Information and Knowledge.
- Vocal Reality Manipulation: Control reality with the power of one’s voice.
- Figurative Vocifery: Warp reality by speaking metaphorically.
- Wish Granting: Control reality by granting wishes.
- Absolute Wish - Wishes without limits.
- Xenopsychic Reality Warping: Control reality based on the thoughts and imagination of others.
- Users of this stage cannot break the laws of physics, but they can bend them, such as running on vertical walls. They are the weakest of reality warpers, being severely limited, and are debatable to being called "Reality Warpers".
- Users of this can mimic animated characters. Users of this level of power can perform a seemingly impossible feat (e.g. producing a mallet out of thin air). Some may be able to impose their laws onto others.
- Users of this power level are a very powerful force to be reckoned with. They can manipulate physics, allowing them to not only bend but even break the laws of physics. Being the general form of reality warper, 'Physics Manipulators' can invent their physical laws and impose them on the rest of the universe.
- These are the rarest among other reality warpers. Not only that they can break the laws of physics, they can control the very rules of logic and reason to perform feats that are not only impossible but also inconceivable. They are so powerful, they may appear to be practically nigh omnipotent.
- Absolute Existence
- Absolute Wish
- Actuality Manipulation
- Alpha Reality
- Alternate Reality Insertion
- Existence Assignment
- Foreign Reality Manipulation
- Ideal Manipulation
- Meta Probability Manipulation
- Nigh Omnipotence - Powerful reality warpers can do almost anything they want.
- Objectivity Manipulation
- Omega Reality
- Possibility Manipulation
- Real World Immunity
- Reality Embodiment
- Reality Evasion
- Reality Exchange
- Reality Guardianship
- Reality Immunity
- Reality Inducement
- Reality Mutation
- Reality Power Link
- Rumor Manipulation
- Unreality Manipulation
- Wish Granting
- Basic knowledge of things, creativity, and desire for things to happen are needed for the user to warp reality effectively.
- Can be outdone by users of Alpha Reality and Omega Reality since they're the origin and end of all realites.
- Cannot fool users of Reality Perception.
- Limited by how much raw power the user possesses, or certain constraints the users are subject to i.e. only able to warp reality once a day or only capable to warp a certain area.
- May need to perform certain actions to use the power (rhyming, writing, etc.).
- May need to be within a reality to be able to bend it.
- Can be countered by Nothingness Manipulation, if there no reality.
- Overpowered by Omnipotence, Omnilock, Omni-Negation and other Omni Powers.
- Power can be negated by users of Reality Alteration Negation.
- Unless they have Reality Awareness or Reality Perception, the user may be vulnerable to Illusion Manipulation.
- Users of Reality Anchoring and Reality Separation are immune.
- Users of Reality Sundering might leave reality warpers powerless.
- Users of Reality Restoration can simply undo everything.
- Reality Warping and Paradox Inducement tend to cancel each other out.
- May not be able to fully kill users who can survive anything.
- In Marvel Comics, reality manipulators affect the atomic structure of matter as well as energy (much like all kinds of Matter Manipulating powers) to affect reality; non-Marvel Comics basis actually revolves around altering the existential state of things, this is just because Marvel has their own subjective view of how this power might be used.
See Also: Reality Warper.
- SCP-001 - Bright's Proposal - The Factory (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-001 - Scantron's Proposal - The Foundation (SCP Foundation)