- Technology Reliance
The user requires artificial means to regulate and stabilize their otherwise uncontrollable powers. Without these regulators, the user's powers could be a danger to themselves or those around them. Said regulators typically take the form of a technological device.
- Hazmat (Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects)
- Jennifer Takeda (Marvel Comics)
- Multiple Man (Marvel Comics); requires a special suit to keep himself from multiplying from impacts.
- Cyclops (Marvel Comics); required to wear ruby quartz visors and sunglasses to keep his Optic Blasts in check.
- Havoc (Marvel Comics); required to wear a special suit to keep his powers in check to avoid accidentally hurting someone.
- Rogue (Marvel Comics); required to keep his skin covered to keep her powers from affecting people.
- Iceman (Marvel Comics)
- Surge (Marvel Comics)
- Torpid (X-Men: Evolution)
- NRG (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien); requires a special suit of armor to keep his radiation from spreading.
- Blight (Batman Beyond)
- Ed Stargard (DC Comics)
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Rei Ogami (Code: Breaker)
- Moka Akayashi (Rosario + Vampire)
- San Otonashi (Rosario + Vampire II)