- Technology Reliance
The user requires artificial means to regulate and stabilize their otherwise uncontrollable powers. Without these regulators, the user's powers could be a danger to themselves or those around them. Said regulators typically take the form of a technological device.
- Hazmat (Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects); needs to wear a thin bodysuit to keep his body from decomposing.
- Jennifer Takeda (Marvel Comics); due to side effect of her powers, Hazmat will need to stay in a containment suit whenever she is outside of a controlled environment (e.g. a room which can isolate her from others who can be killed by her substances)
- Multiple Man (Marvel Comics); requires a special suit to keep himself from multiplying from impacts.
- Cyclops (Marvel Comics); required to wear ruby quartz visors and sunglasses to keep his Optic Blasts in check.
- Havoc (Marvel Comics); required to wear a special suit to keep his powers in check to avoid accidentally hurting someone.
- Rogue (Marvel Comics); required to keep her skin covered to keep her powers from affecting people.
- Iceman (Marvel Comics); used to need a power-belt to keep his powers under control.
- Surge (Marvel Comics); can't control her electricity absorption, and thus must wear specifically-designed gauntlets at all times to regulate it.
- Torpid (X-Men: Evolution); has to wear gloves, otherwise she paralyzes anyone she touches.
- NRG (Ben 10: Ultimate Alien); requires a special suit of armor to keep his radiation from spreading.
- Blight (Batman Beyond); being a living nuclear hazard, he's required either a special suit to keep from harming everyone or be isolated.
- Ed Stargard (DC Comics); due to his body's design(which is like a baby's), he can't leave his office.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Rei Ogami (Code: Breaker); wears a ring on his left thumb to control his powers, and a glove over the same hand to further restrict himself.
- Moka Akayashi (Rosario + Vampire); to minimize her vampire abilities.
- San Otonashi (Rosario + Vampire II); needs to use a sketchbook to communicate, as her voice is dangerous, due to her being a powerful siren.
- Junta (Marvel Comics) uses a belt to regulate his gravitational abilites