In that room, my mother came to me. But it was not her. It was something else."
- "Ah. My son, I suspect. We can take many forms. The shapes we embody are merely a reflection of the life force around us.Anakin Skywalker and The Father (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)
Above-All-Others is both male and female?"
- "So our senses perceive it moment to moment."
- "Annoying, is it not?"
- "No, truly wondrousAdam Warlock and Thanos after meeting the One-Above-All (Marvel Comics)
The ability to have an appearance that differs to those that look at them.
- Eyes of the Beholder
- Perceptive Appearance
- Selective Appearance
- Subjective Appearance Shift
The user's appearance differs depending on who sees them, on what the user would look like according to sees, tastes, and/or experiences. The perceived appearance varies from person to person and can include changes in race, voice, and mannerisms to present anything from an ideal figurehead to someone most hated by a viewer.
- User does not know what they will appear to be by another.
- Though the user's appearance and mannerisms can be perceived as different, their true mind or identity can be uncovered as inconsistent from their appearance through Telepathy.
- Users of Reality Perception can perceive the true/original form.
See Also: A Form You Are Comfortable With.
- Satan/Lucifer (Abrahamic Religions)
- The Contemelians (Ben 10)
- Goddess of Destiny (Brave Story)
- The Endless (DC Comics/Vertigo); limited to appearing as a member of one's species
- Buick 8 (From a Buick 8)
- Weird Sisters (Gargoyles)
- Tsubasa Kounan (Girls Saurus)
- Viper Zero (Girly Air Force); via empathic reflector instability
- Most Deities (Greek Mythology)
- Mother of Creation (Image Comics)
- Gaia (In Another World, I'm Called The Black Healer)
- Xion (Kingdom Hearts)
- Shirohime (Lance N' Masques)
- Honest John (Marvel Comics); limited to appearing as one's definition of a great leader
- Gaea (Marvel Comics); appears in the form of whatever image she was worshiped as by any race on earth, even simultaneously
- Galactus (Marvel Comics); limited to appearing as a being perceivable to one's species
- Meggan (Marvel Comics); via empathy
- Santa Claus (Marvel Comics)
- Poisons (Marvel Comics); limited to appearing as a single target's loved ones.
- Dani Moonstar/Mirage (Marvel Comics)
- The One-Above-All (Marvel Comics)
- Izanami (Noragami)
- Aphrodite (Percy Jackson series); limited to appearing as one's personal description of beauty
- Cupid (Percy Jackson series); limited to appearing as one's personal description of beauty
- Nemesis (Percy Jackson series); limited to appearing as whoever one wishes to get revenge on the most
- SCP-870 - The Maybe There Monsters (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-3591 The Fallen Giant (SCP Foundation)
- It (Stephen King's It)
- Yuuko Kanoe (Tasogare Otome × Amnesia); limited to appearing as one's greater fear
- Chandra (Top Cow); limited to appearing as one's description of the most beautiful women
- High Succubus (Valkyrie Crusade)
- Vorlons (Babylon 5)
- Pleasure GELF (Red Dwarf)
- Wilfred (Wilfred)
- Cynosure/The Meeting Hall (Forgotten Realms)
- Q Continuum (Star Trek)
- Heaven's Garden (Supernatural)