- "I HAVE A UNIQUE MEMORY."
- "But I haven't even been CONCEIVED yet."
- "I DID SAY UNIQUE."
- ― Death and Susan (Discworld)
The power to discern events of the past. Opposite to Precognition.
- Backward Knowing
- Past Evocation
The user can discern the past and past events using various means, usually entering a trance while seeing and hearing a noted past event, whether it be concerning themselves or of an unfamiliar lineage in a past occurrence. Occasionally spontaneous.
- Revealing an intricate history.
- See the events happening in before.
- History Reading: to understand person's history.
- Past Life Awareness: to know of one's past lives.
- Past Recollection: to intuitively know what has occurred.
- Empathic Retrocognition: see into the past using emotions and sentiments.
- Flash Retrocognition: see into short-term past.
- Retrocognitive Artistry: write, paint or draw the past events through art.
- Retrocognitive Dreaming: perceive the past events through dreaming.
- May be unable to notice present surroundings.
- May need specific concentration.
- May unwilling perceive collective knowledgeable attachments.
- May gain instability from attained knowledge.
- May become infected with information.
- May be unable to tap into history of other universes.
- May be unable to perceive contents from parallel universe.
- May require physical contact.
- May have to enter a state of trance.
- Time TV (Doraemon)
- Time Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Zecora's Potion (My Little Pony series)
- Time Flower (Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew)
- The Witchblade (The Witchblade)
- Millennium Necklace (Yu-Gi-Oh)