The power to manipulate sand. A sub-power of Earth Manipulation.
- Sand Control
Users can control define rocks and mineral particles of earth and use it to their advantage. They can manipulate the density of sand to make it very heavy as well as destructive. This ability can be used to create quicksands, sandstorms, as well as absorb water. It is even stronger is desert or sandy locations. It can be used to dry the moisture out of anything in the user's graps such as plants, land, or rock, causing them to crumble into sand, as well as suck the moisture of water out of a person's body, thus resulting in dehydration.
- May stem from Earth Manipulation.
- Long enough exposure to this power may eventually develop Earth Mimicry.
- May fall along with others powers in the category of Elemental Manipulation.
- Create sand constructs.
- Cause sandstorms.
- Create shields and duplicates out of sand.
- Fire high-pressure blasts of sand at opponents.
- Generate pits of quicksand.
- Develop sand based Weapon Manipulation.
- Rip the skin off an enemy with enough force from a blast of sand
- Turn glass back to sand.
- Dehydration by absorbing moisture.
- Dermal Armor composed of sand.
- Surf the sand like it's the sea.
- Create beaches at lake-fronts.
- In sand form you are resistant to magic and telepathically
- Can also make sand replicas yourself by multiplying into an army.
- Also summon a sand eyeball for spying on your enemy's.
- Can transform into a cloud of sand or dust to propel yourself through the air at great speeds.
- If anytime the user runs out of sand he/she can break down the ground to have lots more sand.
- Can use this form to move through cracks and crevices, allowing yourself to venture where others cannot.
Some users can perform:
- Granulation: able to turn people and objects into sand or dust with a touch.
- Users who have honed this power may develop Glass Manipulation.
- May be accompanied by Air Manipulation, or even Earth Manipulation
- Sand can be hardened by Water Manipulation, however this can be bypassed as users can absorb water.
- Sand can be glazed into glass by Fire Manipulation.
- Sand can also be hardened by Blood Manipulation, which is more difficult to absorb as blood is thicker than water.
- Sand can be frozen by Ice Manipulation.
- Flint Marko/Sandman (Marvel Comics)
- Sandy Hawkins/Sandman (DC Comics)
- Crocodile (One Piece)
- Runugana (Bleach)
- Gaara (Naruto)
- Shukaku (Naruto)
- Gordon Hovey (Heroes)
- Toph Bei Fong (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Sandbenders (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Tim Westcott (Smallville)
- Samuel Sullivan (Heroes)
- Dust (Marvel Comics)
- Ground-Type Pokemon
- Arceus (Pokemon)
- Mew (Pokemon)
- The Sand (Cardcaptor Sakura)
- Imhotep (The Mummy)
- The Element Lord of Sand (BIONICLE)