- "Face the awesome wrath of your own left fist!"
- ― Evil Jim (Earthworm Jim)
- "Through pain, through agony - I drag myself to the Light!"
- ― The Flagellant (Darkest Dungeon)
The ability to become more powerful after doing harm to oneself. Variation of Damage Empowerment.
- Masochism Affinity/Empowerment
- Self-Harm Affinity
- Self-Injury Affinity/Empowerment
The user becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. as the they inflict damage on themselves, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the self-harm or even slow or stop aging.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Action Empowerment
- Damage Empowerment
- Double-Edged Power
- Pain Empowerment
- Regenerative Empowerment
- User can't use this ability if they are dead.
- User has to withstand the pain of the damage they do to themselves, therefore a lot of willpower is required to use this.
- Some damage can immobilize the user, so they become easy targets.
- Titan Shifters (Attack on Titan)
- Zora Ideale (Black Clover)
- Findorr Calius (Bleach)
- Porusutoroi (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
- Flagellant (Darkest Dungeon)
- Fusion Zamasu (Dragon Ball Super); via Light of Justice
- Ozen the Immovable (Made In Abyss)
- Candice (Marchen Awakens Romance)
- Penance (Marvel Comics)
- Kotal Kahn (Mortal Kombat X); via Blood Offer
- Might Guy (Naruto); via Eighth Gate Release
- Players (Only Sense Online); via Resistance Senses