- "Nature has made snakes deadly and precise predators."
- ― S. L. Hamilton, Snakes
- "A snake, am I? Perhaps you'd like to see how ssssssssSNAKE-LIKE I CAN BE!!"
- ― Jafar (Aladdin)
- Serpent Body/Mimicry/Physiology/Form
- Serpentine Body/Mimicry/Physiology/Form
- Snake Body/Mimicry/Form
Users either are or can mimic/transform into snakes, gaining a plethora of special abilities, traits and attributes, such as scales that increase defensive capabilities, extremely dangerous venom, seismic senses and many physical capabilities.
- Body Shedding
- Dermal Armor/Scale Manifestation
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Crawling
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Flexibility/Elasticity
- Enhanced Lung Capacity
- Enhanced Senses
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Stealth
- Enhanced Strength
- Forked Tongue
- Powerful Bite
- Prehensile Tail
- Prehensile Torso
- Seismic Sense
- Speed Swimming
- Venomous Fangs
- Boidae (boas and anacondas): Constriction, Crushing, Enhanced Strength
- Pythonidae (pythons): Constriction, Crushing, Enhanced Strength, Thermoreception
- See Also Legendary serpents.
- Amphisbaena: Multiple Heads, Venomous Fangs
- Giant Anaconda: Unnatural Size, Constriction, Crushing, Enhanced Strength
- Horned Serpent: Disease Manipulation, Horn Protrusion, Rainbow Manipulation, Weather Manipulation (particularly rain, storms, lightning, and thunder), various others by cultural description.
- Ichchadhari Naags\Naagins: Shapeshifting
- Sea Serpent
- Typhon: Earth Ball Projection(kindled rocks), Eruption Inducement, Fire Vision, Flame Head, Flammable Saliva, Hot Air Generation, Lava Breath, Miasma Emission, Multiple Arms, Multiple Heads, Supernatural Strength, Poisonous Saliva, Snake Den, Snake Hair, Tornado Creation, Toxic Rain Generation, Unnatural Size, Wind Generation, Wing Manifestation.
- Uwabami/Daija/Orochi: Unnatural Size, Weather Manipulation
- Yamata no Orochi
- Yato-no-kami: Horn Protrusion, Shinto Deity, Guardianship
- Animal Imitation
- Animal Morphing
- Egg Manipulation
- Gorgon Physiology
- Hydra Physiology
- Lamia Physiology
- Leviathan Physiology
- Prehensile Tongue
- Reptilian Physiology
- Seductive Magnetism
- Seraphim Physiology
- Snake Manipulation
- Snake Regeneration
- Superior Human Physiology
Snakes are associated with a great number of mystical and supernatural abilities and connections in mythology and folklore, thus users with this power may have access to: Clairvoyance up to Nigh-Omniscience, Ouroboros Physiology, Demon, Fallen Angel or Genie Physiology, Earth Manipulation, Fertility/Creative Life Force, Guardianship, Healing, Poison-Fire Manipulation, Semi-Immortality/Immortality, Shapeshifting/Omnifarious, Regenerative Healing Factor, Hypnosis, Treachery Embodiment, Cycle and even Eternity Embodiment.
- May be deaf.
- The mongoose are snakes' natural predators.
- Weasels are also a deadly enemy of serpents.
- Like all reptiles, snakes tend to get sluggish and hibernate in cold temperatures.
- Some snakes have very poor vision
- Many users of this power may be missing hands, feet, legs, and/or arms.
See Also: Snake and Serpent Tropes.
- Lord Mordred Hood (Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Copperhead (DC Comics)
- Whisper A'Daire/Snake Fatale (DC Comics)
- Hss. Marvel (Earth-8311) (Marvel Comics)
- Jormungand (Marvel Comics)
- Nagraj (Raj Comics)
- Snake-Eyes (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/The Mighty Mutanimals)
- Lord Hebi (Usagi Yojimbo)
- Snake People (Various)
- Glait (Chronicles of Amber)
- Logrus (Chronicles of Amber)
- Snake People (Cthulhu Mythos)
- Yig (Cthulhu Mythos)
- Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle (Harry Potter)
- Asmodeus Poisonteeth (Redwall)
- Kaa (Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book)
- The Incredibly Deadly Viper (A Series of Unfortunate Events)
- Jaji (Sea of Patchwork Cats)
- Machida (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Olvikan (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- Mara (Doctor Who)
- Colony Sarff (Doctor Who)
- Snake Woman (Escape the Night)
- Constrictor (Heroes)
- Cobra Man (Kamen Rider 1)
- Venosnaker (Kamen Rider Ryuki)
- Cobra Type Roidmudes (Kamen Rider Drive)
- Blood Stalk/Kamen Rider Evol Cobra Form (Kamen Rider Build)
- Sakura Igarashi/Kamen Rider Jeanne (Kamen Rider Revice)
- Halimaw na Ahas (Kidlat)
- Serpentina (Power Rangers: Mystic Force)
- Smokescreen (Power Rangers: Dino Charge)
- Alisa (Shoebox Zoo)
- Mormo (Scarred Lands)
- Fulgrim (Warhammer 40K)
- Snake People (Various)
- Entity 75 - "Wranglers" (The Backrooms)
- Entity 422 - "Pipe Lurkers" (The Backrooms)
- Sir Pentious (Hazbin Hotel)
- King Taijitu (RWBY)
- SCP-2584 - Loop Snakes (SCP Foundation)
- SCP-3000 - Ananteshesha (SCP Foundation)
- Erpain the Python (Super Smash Adventures)
- Cobra Medal (Kamen Rider OOO)
- Cobra Vistamps (Kamen Rider Revice)
- Hebi Hebi no Mi series (One Piece)