- "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
- ― Matthew 10:28 (The Bible)
- "Nay, she is not alive. Nor is she dead. Death is but a state of the body; true death is the vanquishing of the soul. This girl still has her soul. So she is not dead"
- ― Ruminas Valentine (Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken)
- Second/Spiritual/True Death Inducement
- Soul/Spiritual Annihilation/Killing/Murdering/Shredding
- The Second/True Death
The user can permanently destroy/annihilate souls and/or spiritual beings that do not have a body, without affecting the body, which causes the targets to die without possibility of Resurrection, but some may transform into a soulless being instead.
- Cannot destroy eternal souls.
- Has no effect on a soulless being as they have no soul to destroy or those with Soul Anchoring.
- May not have control over whether they create soulless beings, and have no control over created ones.
- Can be undone by Flawless Restoration, Soul Recreation, Absolute Recreation or Absolute Restoration.
- Sōkyoku (Bleach)
- Invincible Stars/Starmen/Super Star (Mario series)
- Ancient Athame (Charmed comic)
- Godkiller (Drive Angry)
- Silver Arm (Fate/Grand Order)
- Basilisk's venom (Harry Potter)
- Sword of Grynfindor (Harry Potter)
- Azrael's Blade/Flaming Sword (Lucifer)
- Soul Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Olympian Crystal (Once Upon a Time)
- Universal Killswitch (Transformers)
- Soul Shredder (Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell)