- "The Doctor: If you knock this wall down the crack would stay put 'cause the crack isn't in the wall.
- Amelia: Where is it then?
- The Doctor: Everywhere. And everything. It's a split in the skin of the world. Two parts of space and time that should never have touched."
- ― -The Doctor and a young Amelia Pond (Doctor Who)
The user can create cracks by taking two parts of time and space and pressing them together, causing a split in the very fabrics of reality. Some cracks can act as wormholes between two different places in time, others release time energy that has the ability to erase objects from time itself as well as events. Time travelers would be able to remember erased events or objects if they are not directly involved with their past. When the time energy erases a person or event, the consequences would still remain (i.e. erasing a war with the present day remain the same war-affected world).
- Boundary Manipulation
- Dimensional Rift
- Dimensional Slicing
- Nothingness Manipulation
- Space-Time Manipulation
- Wormhole Creation
- While one may compare this to simply opening portals, it can be far more dangerous, as it is basically tearing the boundaries of space-time open to connect different realities together, potentially causing timelines to collapse onto one another.
- Can be undone by Space-Time Restoration.
- May be limited by what points of time and space can be joined.
- Released energies may affect the user.
- Rifts may remain indefinitely, scarring the fabrics of reality and posing a long-term danger.
- Rifts may last for only a period of time before closing off.