- "My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive. I am Zoom."
- ― Hunter Zolomon/Zoom (DC Comics)
- Speedster Mimicry
- Speed Physiology
The user possesses an enhanced physiology suited for movement at immense speeds. The cardiovascular and respiratory system of the users are many times more efficient than that of a normal human being. Their brain processing speed will most likely be hundreds of times faster than a normal human's so that they can operate at immense speeds.
The chemical process of their musculature is also highly enhanced so that their body does not generate fatigue poisons, the normal by-product of physical locomotion, which force the body to rest. The joints are smoother and lubricated more efficiently than those of a normal human being.
For users whose speed is born from their biology as opposed to an empowering force, their bodies are altered and toughened to an insane degree to withstand the colossal forces generated by their immense velocity, such as perhaps possessing either a film or gel-like substance over their eyes to not only allow them to see clearly under the wind velocity, but also protect the sensitive organs from devastating collisions with small objects such as dust or insects, or possessing a cardiovascular system that prevents their blood from piling against the users back & then recoiling out their front like a popped water balloon due to their speed.
- Accelerated Body
- Accelerated/Focused Time Perception
- Blood Rush Immunity
- Enhanced/Supernatural Durability: Required by those without Acceleration Immunity to withstand the immense forces superspeed would produce.
- Inertial Frame Adaptation
- Fixed Speed
- G-Force Adaptation
- Multi-Speed Movement
- Self-Velocity Manipulation
- Accelerated Revolution/Rotation
- Flash Step
- Invisible Speed
- Speed-Based Strength: Dependent on level of speed.
- Speed Combat
- Animal: An animal with speed-related powers.
- Fragile: Speedsters with weak defense.
- Speed Mode: If the user gains this power via a transformation.
- Acceleration Manipulation
- Electrically Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Lower Leg Strength/Power Legs: The lower body will likely be the strongest
- Speed Embodiment
- Unnatural Inertia: Likely a side effect.
- May have an upper limit on how fast the user can move before straining their body.
- Users may have difficulty swiftly stopping their movement.
- Because speed is produced by a build-up of heat in the target's atoms, speedsters are vulnerable to extremely cold temperatures or ice-based powers. It will also temporarily stunt their healing capacities.