- "Do not call up that which you cannot put down."
- ― H.P. Lovecraft: The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
- "Do not call up that which you cannot put on hold."
- ― Greg Hill and Kerry Wendell Thornley: Principia Discordia
Users can transport a person, creature, or object of choice by means of Basic Teleportation, Dimensional Travel, Portal Creation, or some other way. This may also result from a previous summoning contract, which creates a connection between the summon and summoner.
High-level users may not be bound by restrictions such as a contract and can summon anything they want, including powerful beings or "familiar spirits" and often require strong mystic connections to where these entities reside. Users can call upon fairies, angels, demons, or animal spirits, just to name a few.
The summoning can backfire, however, leading to any number of misfortunes, such as the summoned person, creature, or item causing harm to the summoner.
- Calling - Ability to call forth anything from anywhere.
- Creation - Varies; Materialize the summoned entity out of nothing (This can only be done so long as the concept behind it exists).
- Contract Bestowal - Varies; some entities when summoned may require a deal to use their powers or services.
- Personal Summoning
- Summoning Negation
- Teleportation - Varies; Make already existing entities appear to you from another location.
- Alternate Matter Materialization - Ability to summon matter from alternate universes and possible futures/timelines.
- Animal Emerging - Ability to summon animals from user's body.
- Door Projection/Portal Creation - Ability to summon portals and gateways. That lead anywhere.
- Elemental Generation - Varies; Ability to summon elements out of nothing.
- Living Factory - Ability to summon weapons, equipment and other tools from ones' body.
- Materialized Guardian - Ability to summon a Guardian.
- Meteor Summoning - Ability to summon astrological rocks from outer space.
- Object/Entity Creation - Varies; Ability to summon objects and beings from nothing.
- Over Run! - Ability to summon an army.
- Plant Emerging - Ability to summon plants from user's body.
- Remote Teleportation - Summon anyone and anything by teleporting them remotely.
- Remote Time Travel - Summon anyone or anything from either the past or the future.
- Snake Den - Ability to summon snakes to attack.
- Soul Summoning - Ability to summon souls from beyond the grave.
- Spatial Displacement - Ability to summon an entire environment to the battlefield.
- Summon Augmentation - Ability to augment the summon entity or object.
- Summon Bestowal - Ability to give powers to summons.
- Summon Energy Manipulation - Ability to manipulate the energies of summons.
- Summoning Combat - Ability to combine summoning power with physical combat skill.
- Summoning Constructs - Ability to use summoning power to create various constructs.
- Summoning Empowerment - Ability to be empowered by summons.
- Summoning Mimicry - Ability to borrow power/appearance of summons.
- Summoning Solidification - Ability to solidify summoning aspect/power.
- Conjuration - Summon using spells.
- Dimensional Summoning - Summon things from other dimensions.
- Elemental Summoning - Summon elements.
- Empathic Summoning - Summon empathic entities.
- Fictional Summoning - Summon any entity/object from fiction.
- Historical Entity Summoning - Summon entities from history.
- Image Summon - Summon entities from art and/or media.
- Jewel Summoning - Summon entities using magical jewels as a medium.
- Meta Summoning - Summon anything/everything.
- Mind Summoning - Summon anything from the mind.
- Minion Summoning - Summon beings that are loyal and subservient to the user.
- Mythic Summoning - Summon various mythic beings.
- Monster Summoning - Summon monstrous beings.
- Undead Summoning - Summon undead.
- Name Evocation - Summon entities via their name.
- Object Summoning - Summon objects.
- Power Summoning - Summon ones great power.
- Progeny Summoning - Summon one's progeny.
- Summon Weaponry - Wield or create weapons with summoning power/capability.
- Summoning Manipulation - Manipulate summoning powers, entities or other party's abilities.
- Zodiac Summoning - Summon zodiac signs.
- Banishment - very important, not being able to get rid of a summon has been the downfall of many users.
- Contract Bestowal - some live summons may require a contract to bring towards the summoner.
- Energy Circle Combat - some summons require a magic circle/symbol to bring forth the target.
- Meta Teleportation
- Space-Time Manipulation - summoning usually involves transporting target through the space-time continuum.
- Summon Symbiosis - acquire powers by symbiotically linking to summoned being.
- Summoning Arts - specialized practices based on summoning.
- Usually temporary.
- Summoned creatures may have to find their own way back, which is likely to cause problems.
- Summoning immensely large/heavy or powerful targets may take a mental toll on the user.
- Summoning may not grant control over the summoned being.
- Summoned entities may become uncontrollable and put the summoner and everyone else in the vicinity in danger.
- May require a contract to summon specific entities.
- May require the approval of the entity if they are sentient.
- Summoning certain entities may require sacrifices, such as blood, weal, in their life.
- Certain symbols, carvings, and/or rituals may be needed to summon.
- May require knowledge of what is to be summoned to actually summon it.
- Certain temporal/special limitations/restrictions may prevent/complicate summoning.
- Does not work on users with Transport Immunity.
- Can be stopped by Summoning Negation.