- "What do you mean Monster Cats like me! Don't call me a monster! I'm a cat immortal, you doofus."
- ― Ichika (Cat Planet Cuties)
- "Something very wrong with that horse."
- ― Tonto after seeing Silver climb a tree (The Lone Ranger)
- Advanced/Empowered Animal/Beast Physiology
- Animalia Superior Physiology
- Meta-Animal/Metabeast Physiology
- Micromutated Animal/Beast Physiology (Rational Only)
- Neoanimal/Neobeast Physiology
- Superbeast Physiology
- Superpowered Animal/Beast Physiology
The user either is or can transform into an animal that possesses superhuman powers and abilities far beyond those of regular animals. Said animal can be any animal, be it an insect, a reptile, a fish, a mammal, an amphibian, or a bird.
Such an animal would be several times more powerful than a normal one, much like how a metahuman would be to a normal human. For instance, these animals can defend themselves much better and be able to defeat threats that regular animals wouldn't be capable of doing so on their own.
For an animal to become a meta-animal, they have to gain powers/abilities through enchantment, genetic engineering, evolution, birth, etc without their physiology being altered.
Like superhumans, superanimals can be divided into two groups:
- Superanimals of this category gain their powers through evolution, birth, genetic engineering, or exposure to radiation or biohazardous substances, like mutagens, among other scientific means. In some other ways, certain meta-animals that are of this classification might undergo minor physical changes without their physiology being fully or almost gone, like their irises changing to any color like a fiery shade of red, blue, pink, etc, retractable claws or spikes, fangs or sharp teeth, among many others. These kinds of superanimals will be able to possess powers without their physiology being altered.
- Non-scientific meta-animals bestow their powers whether they have abilities given upon them by supernatural beings, Enchantment, being blessed or being granted the wish to gain powers and abilities, among many other methods without bio-engineering based alternatives. Unlike scientific-based superanimals this category of meta-animals wouldn't have to be able to suffer mutations and instability of their DNA, which can be caused in certain specific ways. Unlike rational based superanimals, these are more likely to maintain their animalistic nature because they don't share the same genetic unpredictably that rational-based superanimals are more likely to have.
Powers that users may possess, but are not limited to:
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Energy Manipulation
- Enhanced/Supernatural Condition
- Extrasensory Perception
- Force Field Generation
- Human Physiology
- Natural Weaponry
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Unnatural Size
- Alien Animal Physiology
- Genetic Mutation
- Non-Human Physiology
- Empowered Subject Physiology
- Science Attuned Physiology
- Superpowered Physiology
- Much like metahumans on the other hand, unless they possess some resistances/immunities, they will still have the same limitations that each animal has.
- May only be limited to transforming into only one animal.
- If artificial powers/abilities would somehow become unstable, meta-animals might start to undergo unwanted mutations. Worse, they could become a monstrous mutant if not cured.
See Also: Animal Superheroes.