- Law of Hemalurgic Decay (Mistborn)
- Power Decay
- Power Regression
The user's power decays in effectiveness over time, whether losing techniques or losing power behind those techniques. Either through further use of the ability or other mechanics behind the power set itself, the ability is, at best, not seeming to decay at any given moment, but the devolution does not reverse, only increasing or decreasing in speed.
- Absorption: To either gain the power or gain more of it in order to mitigate decay.
- Cursed Physiology: The user may be subjected to a mystical curse to cause the decay.
- Devolution: Constant devolution with changing rates of decay.
- Evolution Manipulation: Control the process of devolution of other superpowered beings.
- Limitation Inducement: Self-induced.
- Power Destruction: Can completely destroy a power set altogether if decay runs to completion in all users of said ability.
- Power Erasure
- Power Fluctuation
- Power Incontinence
- Power Level Manipulation
- Power Negation
- Power Warping: Cause the spontaneous devolution of other users of powers.
- Superpower Manipulation
- Weakened Form
- May only be temporary for users other than the main user of the power.
- Decay of the power may be impossible to fully stop or reverse, only slow down to varying degrees.
- May need help of a certain energy or item to slow regression of the power.
- Drawback may be erased and even reversed with Power Restoration, though this may be a temporary fix. If the power is intrinsically linked to its decay, however, this solution may not work at all.
- May become either increasingly or decreasingly vulnerable to an associated Aversion caused by the power.
- Condition Removal can potentially remove the decay of the ability, if at all possible within the world.