The ability to manipulate surface energy. Variation of Energy Manipulation.
- Interfacial Free Energy Control/Manipulation
- Surface Free Energy Control/Manipulation
The user can create, shape and manipulate the surface energy, the energy associated with surface properties: the energy required for the creation of a new surface and the excess amount of energy on a material (substrate) surface compared to the bulk of the material. Molecular cohesion keeps atoms in balance, and it would normally take a certain amount of energy to break the material apart, creating new surfaces. As temperature increases, the surface energy requirement decreases since the atoms become excited and destabilized. It is also the adhesive force of a substrate, as higher surface energy means higher molecular attraction (water on an unwaxed car spreading or “wetting” out). Lower surface energy means lower molecular attraction (water on a waxed car forming droplets).
- Adhesion Manipulation
- Cohesion Manipulation
- Compound Fission
- Physical Change Manipulation
- Surface Manipulation
- Water Immunity
- Energy Manipulation
- Molecular Manipulation
- Physical Energy Manipulation
- Surface Tension Manipulation
- May require tremendous energy to cleave surfaces or control their adhesive properties (physical force, temperature alteration, etc.).
- May require actual physical surface to use power.
- Effects may be irreversible.
- May be blocked by Indivisibility or Molecular Manipulation.
- Earth Magic Users (Fairy Tail)
- Alchemists (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- Various Spider-Power Users (Marvel Comics)
- Various Earth Release Users (Naruto)
- Diamante (One Piece)
- Pica (One Piece)
- Cincciono (Pokémon)