- "I was weak, really weak, so weak I was scorned as a useless outcast. Then I fell into a living hell, in order to live, I have to used every single means to get stronger. It is not a matter of I can or cannot, if I don't get stronger I die. I fight as my very life is depending on it."
- ― Hajime Nagumo (Arifureta Sekai Saikyou)
- "You are free to call us cowards once you are dead. In life or death where your life is on the line, SURVIVAL is victory."
- ― Dagama (One Piece)
- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "A Saiyan gets stronger every time he comes back from the brink of death."
- ― Vegeta (DragonBall Abridged Episode 13)
The power to gain strength from survival. Variation of Affinity.
- Survival Affinity
- Zenkai (Dragon Ball series)
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they survive, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from their affinity or even slow or stop aging.
In short, what doesn't kill the user simply makes them stronger.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- Horror Survivor
- May be limited to the survival of others, or oneself.
- Oliver Queen (Arrow)
- Takahata Shun (As The God of Death Dictates/Kamisama no Iutoori)
- Guts (Berserk)
- Hyakkimaru (Dororo)
- Saiyans (Dragon Ball series)
- Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
- Ri Shin (Kingdom)
- Neothelid (Forgotten Realms)
- Allen the Alien (Image Comics)
- Viltrumites (Image Comics)
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)