- "You are free to call us cowards once you are dead. In life or death where your life is on the line, SURVIVAL is victory."
- ― Dagama (One Piece)
- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."
- ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "A Saiyan gets stronger every time he comes back from the brink of death."
- ― Goku (DragonBall Abridged Episode 56)
The power to gain strength from survival. Variation of Affinity.
- Survival Affinity
- Zenkai (Dragon Ball)
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they survive, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from their affinity or even slow or stop aging.
In short, what doesn't kill the user simply makes them stronger.
- Decelerated Aging/Semi-Immortality
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Self-Power Augmentation
- May be limited to the survival of others, or oneself.
- Oliver Queen (Arrow)
- Guts (Berserk)
- Hyakkimaru (Dororo)
- Saiyans (Dragon Ball franchise)
- Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
- Shin (Kingdom)
- Neothelid (Forgotten Realms)
- Allen the Alien (Image Comics)
- Viltrumites (Image Comics)
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)