- "What powers, you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight? That do anything for ya? That's levitation, Holmes. How 'bout the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away... with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle! How 'bout the power... to move you?"
- ― Jack Black (of Tenacious D), "Wonderboy"
- "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"
- ― Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch (Captain America: Civil War)
The power to manipulate objects/matter with one's mind.
- Force Grip (Star Wars)
- Mind Power
- Molecularkinesis (Lab Rats)
- Telekinetic/Psychokinetic Power
The user can influence/control/manipulate physical matter with their mind. Commonly, the most basic and fundamental trait of this ability is to move or otherwise interact with objects (or alternatively, to generate and apply physical force on a target) both from a distance and without physical contact. As the ability is connected to the mind of the user, it can either be activated and controlled through conscious effort and concentration, through emotions of a particular level of intensity, or simply through the desire and will of the user. Telekinesis is one of the bases of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating," and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic, particle, and universal level.
"Telekinesis" is an umbrella term for any ability that involves using the mind to influence/control/manipulate/move some form of matter/objects.
- Binding: To keep object/being from moving.
- Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
- Orbital Field: To make objects and possibly energy orbit around the user.
- Telekinetic Choking: To choke or strangle others without physical contact.
- Telekinetic Grip: To grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. keeping the tides from washing a friend away.
- Telekinetic Maneuver: To alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
- Telekinetic Pull/Push: To pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.
- Weapon Calling: To call weapons to one's hand.
- Homing Effect: To make any object automatically follow, home in, and lock onto its target or targets until it hits them.
- Motor-Skill Manipulation: To manipulate the movement of others.
- Self-Manipulative Puppetry: To manipulate the movement of oneself.
- Object Manipulation: To alter an object's inner workings, e.g. unlocking a door.
- Seismic Sense: To "see" one's surroundings using telekinesis, e.g. sensing a target from a distance.
- Telekinetic Attacks: To release/use telekinesis to various attacks.
- Telekinetic Aura: Possess powerful telekinetic extensions field from oneself.
- Telekinetic Combat: To use telekinesis in physical combat.
- Telekinetic Compression: To crush an object, e.g. squeezing a chair into a ball.
- Telekinetic Destruction: To make an object explode, e.g. blowing up a table.
- Telekinetic Flight: To use telekinesis to fly.
- Telekinetic Pressure: To use telekinesis to damage the surrounding area.
- Telekinetic Solidification: To solidify telekinetic energy/force, possibly to create various objects.
- Telekinetic Surgery: To conduct complex surgery through telekinetic means.
- Telekinetic Tethering: Use telekinesis to tether and move objects.
- Telekinetically Enhanced Condition: To use telekinesis to enhance the user's condition.
- Telekinetic Agility: To augment the user's agility, e.g. dodging high-speed projectiles.
- Telekinetic Combat: To augment the user's combat, e.g. striking faster and stronger.
- Telekinetic Durability: To augment the user's durability, e.g. withstanding getting shot.
- Telekinetic Endurance: To augment the user's endurance, e.g. suppressing pain.
- Telekinetic Reflexes: To augment the user's physical reflexes, e.g. seeing high-speed objects moving slower.
- Telekinetic Senses: To augment the user’s sense to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel better e.g. perceive with higher awareness.
- Telekinetic Speed: To augment the user's speed, e.g. outrunning a speeding vehicle.
- Telekinetic Stamina: To augment the user's stamina, e.g. remaining active for extended periods of time.
- Telekinetic Strength: To augment the user's strength, e.g. punching through a steel wall.
- Unarmed Weapon Wielding: Use weapons without touching them.
- Vibration Emission: To emit powerful vibrations strong enough to make objects shatter, i.e. a sonic boom.
- Jolt Inducement: To telekinetically induce tremors and miniature earthquakes in an area or cause violent, abrupt movements in a target that mimics a seizure or spasms.
- Damage Inducement To use telekinesis to remotely inflict damage onto organic and inorganic targets.
- Wound Inducement: To use telekinesis to cause physical wounds on others without physical contact.
- Molecular Manipulation: To manipulate matter and energy at a molecular level.
- Molecular Acceleration: To accelerate matter at a molecular level.
- Motion Manipulation: Guide or shift directional vectors through direct molecular motion manipulation.
- Property Manipulation: Change the physical and chemical properties.
- Self-Molecular Manipulation: To manipulate self at a molecular level.
- Transmutation: Ability to change molecules turning anything into almost anything else.
- Neural Impulse Manipulation: To redirect the electrical signals between the brain and nerves, achieving control over thoughts, feelings, and movement of a body.
- Psionic Healing: To heal others with one's own telekinetic powers.
- Remote Telekinesis: To manipulate matter that is not within the user's location, e.g. controlling a rock 2000 miles away.
- Organic Manipulation: To manipulate organic matter.
- Telekinesis Negation To negate and resist the telekinetic powers of others.
- Telekinetic Constructs: To create objects, weapons, and creatures out of telekinetic energy.
- Telekinetic Heat Vision: To generate beams of heat through the eyes with telekinesis.
- Telekinetic Regeneration: To regenerate one's own cells via telekinetic manipulation or gathering telekinetic energy to do so, e.g. using telekinesis to induce molecular/biological manipulation.
- Telekinetic Teleportation: Use telekinesis to teleport themselves or others.
- Power Activation: To sense and activate the superpower potential within any sentient being.
- Power Deactivation: To cancel out the superhuman powers of others.
- Psionic Explosion: To create and discharge destructive psychic energy across a wide range.
- Technology Manipulation: To manipulate the functions and properties of technology and all forms of high-tech machinery.
- Weather Manipulation: To manipulate the weather, e.g. create lightning storms.
- Atomic/Energy Manipulation: To control matter and energy at the atomic levels. e.g. rearranging atoms and controlling energy.
- Dimensional Travel: To bend the very fabric of dimensional barriers, allowing travel through wormholes or teleportation-like movement.
- Cosmic Telekinesis: To manipulate matter on a cosmic level.
- Fundamental Forces Manipulation: To manipulate the fundamental forces of the universe.
- Elemental Manipulation: To control any and all prominent forces from the physical to the esoteric.
- Power Modification: To use precise psychokinesis to modulate ability usage in others.
- Omni-Manipulation: To manipulate anything and everything.
- Particle Manipulation: To manipulate matter at the basest of levels.
- Reality Warping: To manipulate reality by bending quantum strings in a localized area.
- Power Warping: To give, take away or alternate meta ability potential in those without.
- Space-Time Manipulation: To manipulate and distort the space-time continuum.
- Subatomic Manipulation/Charged Particles Manipulation: To manipulate all forms of fundamental interaction at the subatomic level, from the simple quark to the very elemental bonds which comprise everything that is.
- Self-Subatomic Manipulation: To manipulate self at a sub-atomic level.
- Universal Manipulation: To manipulate the fabric of the universe.
- Telekinesis Negation: To negate telekinetic abilities.
- Telekinetic Combat: To utilize telekinesis in the combination of physical combat.
- Telekinetic Defense: To utilize telekinesis to defend oneself.
- Ballistic Telekinesis
- Demonic Telekinesis
- Dimensional Telekinesis
- Divine Telekinesis
- Elemental Telekinesis
- Force-Field Telekinesis
- Magical Telekinesis
- Organic Telekinesis
- Quantum Telekinesis
- Quintessential Telekinesis
- Spatial Telekinesis
- Tactile Telekinesis
- Technological Telekinesis
- Telekinesis Manipulation
- Telekinetic Force Manipulation
- Vector Manipulation
- Vector Telekinesis
- Minimal Level: User can manipulate objects as with mittens.
- Basic Level: User can manipulate objects as with hands.
- Advanced Level: User can manipulate objects as with pincers/precision tools.
- Expert Level: User can manipulate objects as long as they can perceive (hear, see, etc.) them.
- Master Level: User can manipulate objects at the microscopic scale.
- Ultimate Level: User can operate on atomic size.
- Absolute Level: User can operate below the size of subatomic particles.
- Minimal Level: The user can only move mass equal to what they could physically carry.
- Basic Level: The user can only move himself/herself and a very limited amount of mass, equal to what they are wearing/carrying.
- Advanced Level: User can move limited mass, equal to several people/heavy household appliances.
- Expert Level: User can move mass equal to a bus/industrial machine.
- Master Level: User can move mass equal to buildings.
- Ultimate Level: User can move mass equal to planets.
- Absolute Level: User can move effectively infinite mass.
- Telekinesis Immunity
- Psionic to Telekinesis Negation, and Psychic Energy Absorption can negate this power.
- May only be capable of moving objects they could physically move.
- Might be unable or only able to move certain objects.
- May be able to affect only targets that they can physically perceive or that are within a certain range and distance from them.
- May only be able to manipulate targets of a certain number, size, or weight at once.
- User may not be able to affect objects above a certain momentum or that are already moving.
- Psychic strength may be proportional to the user's capacity, meaning an opponent with greater physical strength than the user's mental strength may break free, or even be immune to the ability altogether.
- Might be weakened, nullified or interrupted by stress, fear, distractions, disbelief, lack of confidence, morale, and willpower, etc.
- Might be linked to or unwittingly triggered by emotions, thoughts, dreams, causing the user to be unable to control or possibly even access their ability.
- May require intense amounts of concentration, focus, and mental effort to use properly, preventing the user from being able to perform other tasks at the same time, to the point where the user may be completely unable to move while using the ability.
- Use of the ability may be channeled through the motion of the eyes, hands, or fingers and the user may need to perform specific gestures to utilize the ability, such as touch their heads, meaning that their abilities could be nullified if the user is unable to move or visualize their target.
- User may not have control over the speed of which the target moves.
- Might be physically or psychologically fatiguing, straining, or even crippling for the user, with the user either bleeding from the nose or eyes, falling unconscious, entering a coma, or even dying from the mental effort of using the ability.
- May not be able to manipulate magic-based matters/energies.
- Could be ineffective against those who control themselves at fundamental levels.
See Also: Mind Over Matter.
Live Television/Web Series
- Bezel's Charm of Telekinesis (Ben 10)
- Kanohi Matatu (BIONICLE)
- Golden Staff (Spark a Space Tail); symbol mark
- Metebelis crystals (Doctor Who)
- Mystic Amulet (Gravity Falls)
- Mind Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Rooster Talisman (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Teleki-Helmet (Johnny Test)
- Power Ring of Inspiron (Air Buddies)
- Ruby of Ramses (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Oni Mask of Deception (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- The Stone (The Secret of NIMH)
- Splatty Splatisimus (PJ Masks)
- An Yu's staff (PJ Masks)
- Thinking Stone (PJ Masks)
- Gems of Barkingburg and Flappington (Paw Patrol)