- "What powers, you ask? I dunno, how 'bout the power of flight? That do anything for ya? That's levitation, Holmes. How 'bout the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away... with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle! How 'bout the power... to move you?"
- ― Jack Black (of Tenacious D), "Wonderboy"
- "…yeah, I can break necks with my mind."
- ― Tristan (Yu Gi Oh The Abridged Series)
The power to manipulate objects and matter with their mind.
- Mind Power
- Telekinetic/Psychokinetic Power
User can influence/manipulate/move objects/matter with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic, particle and universal level.
"Telekinesis" is an umbrella term for any ability that involves using the mind to influence/manipulate/move matter/objects.
- Binding: To keep object/being from moving.
- Levitation: To lift an object, e.g. raising a pitcher several inches into the air.
- Orbital Field: To make objects and possibly energy orbit around the user.
- Telekinetic Choking: To choke or strangle others without physical contact.
- Telekinetic Grip: To grasp an object firmly in place, e.g. keeping the tides from washing a friend away.
- Telekinetic Maneuver: To alter an object's directional course, e.g. changing what number a dice lands on or deflect an opponent attack.
- Telekinetic Pull/Push: To pull objects towards the user or to push objects away from the user, e.g. yanking a book off a shelf or sliding a cup across a table.
- Elemental Manipulation: Alternate the natural elements of existence at a sub-molecular level.
- Homing Effect: To make any object automatically follow, home in and lock onto its target or targets until it hits them.
- Molecular Manipulation: To manipulate matter and energy at molecular level.
- Molecular Acceleration: To accelerate matter at molecular level.
- Motion Manipulation: Guide or shift directional vectors through direct molecular motion manipulation.
- Property Manipulation: Change the physical and chemical properties.
- Self-Molecular Manipulation: To manipulate self at molecular level.
- Transmutation: Ability of changing molecules turning anything into most anything else.
- Motor-Skill Manipulation: To manipulate the movement of others.
- Self-Manipulative Puppetry: To manipulate the movement of self.
- Object Manipulation: To alter an object's inner workings, e.g. unlocking a door.
- Psionic Healing: To heal others with one's own telekinetic powers.
- Spatial Sense: To "see" one's surroundings using telekinesis, e.g. sensing a target from a distance.
- Telekinetic Attacks: To release/use telekinesis to various attacks.
- Telekinetic Aura: Possess powerful telekinetic extensions field from oneself.
- Telekinetic Combat: to use telekinesis in physical combat
- Telekinetic Compression: To crush an object, e.g. squeezing a chair into a ball.
- Telekinetic Constructs: To create objects, weapons and creatures out of telekinetic energy.
- Telekinetic Destruction: To make an object explode, e.g. blowing up a table.
- Telekinetic Flight: To use telekinesis to fly.
- Telekinetic Pressure: To use telekinesis to damaged the surrounding area.
- Telekinetic Surgery: To conduct complex surgery through telekinetic means.
- Telekinetic Teleportation: Use telekinesis to teleport themselves or others.
- Telekinetic Tethering: Use telekinesis to tether and move objects.
- Telekinetically Enhanced Condition: To use telekinesis to enhance the user's condition
- Telekinetic Agility: To augment the user's agility, e.g. dodging high speed projectiles.
- Telekinetic Combat: To augment the user's combat, e.g. striking faster and stronger.
- Telekinetic Durability: To augment the user's durability, e.g. withstanding getting shot.
- Telekinetic Endurance: To augment the user's endurance, e.g. suppressing pain.
- Telekinetic Reflexes: To augment the user's physical reflexes, e.g. seeing high speed objects moving slower.
- Telekinetic Speed: To augment the user's speed, e.g. outrunning a speeding vehicle.
- Telekinetic Stamina: To augment the user's stamina, e.g. remaining active for extended periods of time.
- Telekinetic Strength: To augment the user's strength, e.g. punching through a steel wall.
- Unarmed Weapon Wielding: Use weapons without touching them.
- Vibration Emission: To emit a powerful vibration strong enough to make objects shatter, i.e. sonic boom.
- Wound Inducement: To use telekinesis to cause physical wounds on others.
- Atomic/Energy Manipulation: To control matter and energy at the atomic levels. e.g. rearranging atoms and controlling energy.
- Chemistry Manipulation: By directly applying change to the sub-molecular bonds.
- Cosmological Force Manipulation: Bend the very energies of the universe via thought alone.
- Energy Absorption/Conversion: To absorb and convert energy.
- Matter Manipulation: Change the very nature of physical nature of substance.
- Self-Atomic Manipulation: To manipulate self at atomic level.
- Dimensional Travel: To bend the very fabric of dimensional barriers, allowing travel through wormholes or teleportation-like movement.
- Neural Impulse Manipulation: To redirect the electrical signals between the brain and nerves, achieving control over thoughts, feelings, and movement of a body.
- Organic Manipulation: To manipulate organic matter.
- Psionic Explosion: To create and discharge a destructive psychic energy across a wide range.
- Remote Telekinesis: To manipulate matter that is not within the user's location, e.g. controlling a rock 2000 miles away.
- Technology Manipulation: To manipulate the functions and properties of technology and all forms of high-tech machinery.
- Weather Manipulation: To manipulate the weather, e.g. create lightning storms.
- Fundamental Forces Manipulation: To manipulate the fundamental forces of the universe.
- Omni-Manipulation: To manipulate anything and everything.
- Particle Manipulation: To manipulate matter at the basest of levels.
- Particle Energy Manipulation: To manipulate particle energy.
- Reality Warping: To manipulate reality by bending quantum strings in a localized area.
- Space-Time Manipulation: To manipulate and distort the space-time continuum.
- Subatomic Manipulation/Energy Manipulation: To control matter and energy at subatomic levels.
- Self-Subatomic Manipulation: To manipulate self at sub-atomic level.
- Universal Manipulation: To manipulate the fabric of the universe.
- Telekinesis Negation: To negate telekinetic abilities.
- Telekinetic Combat: To utilize telekinesis in combination of physical combat.
- Demonic Telekinesis
- Dimensional Telekinesis
- Divine Telekinesis
- Elemental Telekinesis
- Magical Telekinesis
- Spatial Telekinesis
- Tactile Telekinesis
- Technological Telekinesis
- Telekinetic Force Manipulation
- Vector Manipulation
- Minimal Level: User can manipulate objects as with mittens.
- Basic Level: User can manipulate objects as with hands.
- Advanced Level: User can manipulate objects as with pincers/precision tools.
- Expert Level: User can manipulate objects as long as they can see/perceive them.
- Master Level: User can manipulate objects at microscopic scale.
- Ultimate Level: User can operate on atomic size.
- Absolute Level: User can operate below size of subatomic particles.
- Minimal Level: User can only move mass equal to what they could physically carry.
- Basic Level: User can only move themselves and very limited amount of mass, equal to what they are wearing/carrying.
- Advanced Level: User can move limited mass, equal to several people/heavy household appliances.
- Expert Level: User can move mass equal to a bus/industrial machine.
- Master Level: User can move mass equal to buildings.
- Ultimate Level: User can move mass equal to planets.
- Absolute Level: User can move effectively infinite mass.
- Telekinesis Immunity
- Psychic Energy Absorption can negate this power.
- May only be capable of moving objects they could physically move.
- May be unable or only able to move certain objects.
- May be able to move only the objects that they can physically perceive.
- Psychic strength may be proportional to user's capacity, meaning an opponent with greater physical strength than the user's mental strength may break free, or even be immune to the ability altogether.
- May be weakened or nullified by stress, fear, distractions, disbelief, lack of confidence, morale and willpower, etc.
- May be linked to or unwittingly triggered by by emotions, thoughts, dreams, causing the user to be unable to control or possibly even access their ability.
- May require intense amounts of concentration, focus and mental effort to use properly.
- May only be able to manipulate targets of certain number, size or weight at once.
- May be physically or psychologically fatiguing, straining or even crippling for the user, with the user either bleeding from the nose or eyes, falling unconscious, entering a coma, or even dying from the mental effort of using the ability.
- May not be able to manipulate magic-based matters/energies.
- User may not have control over the speed of which the target moves.
- User may not be able to to affect objects above certain momentum.
- Could be ineffective against those who control themselves at fundamental levels.
See Also: Mind Over Matter.
- Bezel's Charm of Telekinesis (Ben 10)
- Kanohi Matatu (BIONICLE)
- Metebelis crystals (Doctor Who)
- Mystic Amulet (Gravity Falls)
- Mind Gem (Marvel Comics)
- Rooster Talisman (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Teleki-Helmet (Johnny Test)
- Power Ring of Inspiron (Air Buddies)
- Ruby of Ramses (Xiaolin Showdown)
- Oni Mask of Deception (Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu)
- The Stone (The Secret of NIMH)