The power to gain powers through a symbiotic relationship with a thermal/temperature-based being. Variation of Symbiosis.
- Temperature Being Symbiosis
- Thermal Energy Symbiosis
The user can gain powers by hosting thermal/temperature-based beings/forces in one’s body. These can include embodiments of cold and/or heat, ethereal beings associated with or in charge of temperature or even entities comprised of thermal energy. The bond between entity and host can impart powerful thermokinetic abilities based on the force being used, but as with most forms of Symbiosis, it can come with a price.
- Body Temperature Manipulation
- Cold Energy Manipulation/Heat Energy Manipulation
- Cold Physiology/Heat Physiology
- Thermal Manipulation
- The thermokinetic entity may take over the host’s mind and/or body (Possession).
- The power wielded may be dangerous to the user.
- Powerful thermal entity may harm or even destroy host’s body.
- Bond Destruction/Temperature Immunity could defeat the user.
- May require a supernatural contract.
- May be limited to particular type of thermal power (cold or heat).
- Host may develop vulnerabilities based on thermal power’s nature, e.g., heat weak against cold and vice versa.
- Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
- Genryūsai Yamamoto (Bleach)
- Tommy Himi (Digimon Frontier)
- Dan Ah-An (The God of High School)
- Mars/Mercury Adepts (Golden Sun)
- Arabia Fats (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part III: Stardust Crusaders); via Sun
- Ghiaccio (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part V: Vento Aureo); via White Album
- Jobin Higashikata (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part VIII: JoJolion); via Speed King
- Phoenix Force Hosts (Marvel Comics)
- Pino Graham (Shaman King); via Badbh
- Usui Horokeu (Shaman King); via Kororo
- Chroma Hosts (Warframe)
- Frost Hosts (Warframe)