FANDOM


  • I'm sure this question has been asked on this wiki before and since it hasn't been long since I joined, which power do you think is the most powerful? One that cannot be matched and only one can truly hold this power...

      Loading editor
    • Omnipotence is the strongest.

        Loading editor
    • Alright. Looks like we're done here. 

        Loading editor
    • Only if you close the thread now ^ ^

        Loading editor
    • Chuck Norris > Omnipotence.

        Loading editor
    • you forgot principal manipulation

        Loading editor
    • Fiction Manipulation in fantasy.

      In real life is hard to say, there's TONS of almighty powers that can dwarf our reality.

      The most powerful, though, it has to be Omni-Creator.

        Loading editor
    • Mc.ace19
      Mc.ace19 removed this reply because:
      im wrong lmao
      13:32, July 5, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • origin manipulation is powerful

        Loading editor
    • A Five Star Dining Experience wrote:
      Fiction Manipulation in fantasy.

      In real life is hard to say, there's TONS of almighty powers that can dwarf our reality.

      The most powerful, though, it has to be Omni-Creator.


      OC doesn't even technically exist. It is just an idea that explains why Omnipotents don't fight each other. The moment an author says their Omnipotent is independent of others, OC automatically becomes nonsense.  And no, ideas can't be used as powers, otherwise this wiki would become Suggsverse. This wiki is only an archive of powers seen in already existing series.

        Loading editor
    • omni embroidment

        Loading editor
    • omnipotence emb is a part of omni emb

        Loading editor
    • transfictional author authority + 4th wall breaching + omnipotence embodiment

        Loading editor
    • Tonybalongna wrote:
      transfictional author authority + 4th wall breaching + omnipotence embodiment

      Transfictional Author Authority alone does the job.
      Omnipotence Embodiment is redundant since Author Authority is one of its variations and 4th Wall Breaching is useless since the transfictional Author already exists beyond the 4th wall, which is why they have True Omnilock in regards to fiction.

      Unless you meant in order for them to enter fiction, but that would be the worst mistake from their part. Upon setting foot in fiction, they would lose their Author status and True Omnilock, becoming part of the story and rendering them vulnerable to any in-story characters and their powers as well as being reduced to a normal person (since superpowers don't exist in real life).

        Loading editor
    • @AlphaTheHD

      @Tonybalongna

      Transfictional AA is not a power either. Why? Because literally no character in fiction can have it. It's all fiction, no character from your verse can come and kill you irl, no matter what you say. It's just another way of saying that you're that author of that verse, nothing else. And because no character in fiction can ever have it, it technically isn't even a superpower. You can't just call things you see in real world as powers, because fiction and real life are 2 seperate things(even though fiction is made by those exist in real life, but that's not the point), they can't have powers that we have, and vice versa. SPW lists only powers seen in fiction, otherwise there would be a page for every single activity that can be done irl.

      TL;DR Transfictional AA cannot be obtained by any characters which contradict the term Superpower, and thus, it isn't a power in the first place.

        Loading editor
    • omnipotence embroidment is merely a part of omni embroidment and it has omni empowerment and omni creator as its application

        Loading editor
    • User143526538 wrote:
      Transfictional AA is not a power either. Why? Because literally no character in fiction can have it. It's all fiction, no character from your verse can come and kill you irl, no matter what you say. It's just another way of saying that you're that author of that verse, nothing else. And because no character in fiction can ever have it, it technically isn't even a superpower. You can't just call things you see in real world as powers, because fiction and real life are 2 seperate things(even though fiction is made by those exist in real life, but that's not the point), they can't have powers that we have, and vice versa. SPW lists only powers seen in fiction, otherwise there would be a page for every single activity that can be done irl.

      TL;DR Transfictional AA cannot be obtained by any characters which contradict the term Superpower, and thus, it isn't a power in the first place.

      I have to agree with most of what you said except one thing: "[...] they can't have powers that we have, and vice versa."
      That claim is false as demonstrated by the Real Powers Category since the reason those powers appear in fiction is because they were observed in reality to begin with.

      It's a matter of perspective. If you compare a real life person to fiction, then they automatically have Omnilock, Fiction Manipulation through Author Authority, Meta Art Manipulation and Reality Dreaming;
      Fictional characters in regards to reality, would have Ink & Paper Mimicry or Pixel Mimicry depending on the media they appear in;
      A real life person in regards to reality would have maybe one or many Real Powers, depending on their skills and aptitudes;
      And fictional characters in regards to fiction would be as they are currently portrayed, with or without Real Powers and/or Supernatural Powers, depending on the individual.

      TL;DR
      Yes, we can have powers that would be considered supernatural in fiction, but they would be considered natural in reality.

        Loading editor
    • @AlphaTheHD

      Before I start, I want to make something clear: every single power made here, or anything made by humans at all are influenced by their observations. The reason is same as why every single alien seen in Marvel/DC Comics somehow resembles a human: human creativity is limited by their observations. Fiction is only a product of human creativity, it all happens in their brain and there is no missing links.


      Secondly, no fictional character can achieve human performance through having those powers. Scientifically, no matter how humane a character gets, they can't cook you food irl, they can't participate in tournaments, and they definitely can't have human rights. The opposite applies as well: No matter how much you resemble powers seen in fiction, let's say running, your running happens in the real world, and the character's happens in fiction. No matter how similar your running styles are, their power only exists in fiction, and yours only exists in real life. You do not have the same power as that character, you do not even have a power, since it is impossible for them to do what you did.


      The only exception to this rule is Transfictional powers, such as AA. But I've already said why those aren't considered "superpower"s.


      But in the end, it still comes down to the perspective. I am only talking about the definitions SPW uses.

        Loading editor
    • User143526538 wrote:
      "Before I start, I want to make something clear: every single power made here, or anything made by humans at all are influenced by their observations. The reason is same as why every single alien seen in Marvel/DC Comics somehow resembles a human: human creativity is limited by their observations. Fiction is only a product of human creativity, it all happens in their brain and there is no missing links."

      Alright, let me rectify my statement: "the reason powers in the Real Powers category also appear in fiction is because they were directly observed in reality to begin with."


      User143526538 wrote:
      "[...] no fictional character can achieve human performance through having those powers."

      Which powers are you talking about and from which point of view (fictional or transfictional)?


      User143526538 wrote:
      "Scientifically, no matter how humane a character gets, they can't cook you food irl, they can't participate in tournaments, and they definitely can't have human rights. "The opposite applies as well: No matter how much you resemble powers seen in fiction, let's say running, your running happens in the real world, and the character's happens in fiction. No matter how similar your running styles are, their power only exists in fiction, and yours only exists in real life."

      I never argued that fictional characters can transcend fiction to step into reality nor that we could descend into fiction. Actually, it being fundamentally impossible for transfictional beings to enter fiction and for fictional beings to leave it is a position I hold.
      And this is a false analogy as running is an action that has no effect on fiction, unlike writing (Author Authority), drawing (Meta Art Manipulation) or dreaming (Reality Dreaming). You could run the Boston Marathon and not a single character from your fan fiction would notice it. However, sit behind your PC and their entire reality can be completely changed within a few keystrokes.


      User143526538 wrote:
      "The only exception to this rule is Transfictional powers, such as AA. But I've already said why those aren't considered "superpower"s."

      The action of imagining, hypothesizing, dreaming, writing, typing, drawing, painting, sculpting, dancing, acting, recording and editing, animating, programming, singing... and even playing music are considered mundane in reality, but their effects on the fictional world they depict would be seen as omnipotent reality warping by a character inside said fiction, yet it's the very same action that is only given different names under differing perspectives. That was my point.


      User143526538 wrote:
      "But in the end, it still comes down to the perspective. I am only talking about the definitions SPW uses."

      Exactly, and the Superpower Wiki's definitions are based on an in-fiction perspective, which is why this wiki doesn't consider transfictional powers a.k.a. mundane activities as powers.

        Loading editor
    • @AlphaTheHD

      "Which powers are you talking about and from which point of view (fictional or transfictional)?"

      Fictional ones, since they can't have Transfictional ones in the first place.

      And in-universe and Transfictional Author Authority, Meta Art Manipulation or Reality Dreaming are different. While the former only means the character is the author's toy, the latter means you're the author. So, my point still doesn't change: Fictional characters and real-life entities can't have carbon-copy same abilities, there is always a difference.

      Other than that, I agree with you.

        Loading editor
    • I Say Meta Superpower Manipulation. Only thing better than having the power of a god is the power to take it away.

        Loading editor
    • Zxankou14 wrote:
      I Say Meta Superpower Manipulation. Only thing better than having the power of a god is the power to take it away.

      i'm not sure if this could snatch omnipotence

        Loading editor
    • @User143526538
      I think "avatar" would be a more accurate word to use than "toy", but that asside, glad to see that this little debate could bring us to a complete agreement on this matter.


      Tonybalongna wrote:

      Zxankou14 wrote:
      I Say Meta Superpower Manipulation. Only thing better than having the power of a god is the power to take it away.

      i'm not sure if this could snatch omnipotence

      I'm not sure your Omnipotence can do much against the writer's avatar.

        Loading editor
    • Omnilkinesis is basically the most powerful power because it can manipulate everything/anything even omnipotence but the bad thing about it is that it is really hard to control this immense power and if you want to fully master this power you must go through experience

        Loading editor
    • Omnipotence would dwarf Omnikinesis in a single thought because while the latter does have the same capabilities as the former, it lacks the same overwhelming authority that makes Omnipotence Omnipotence. The only power that can manipulate Omnipotence is Omnipotence Embodiment and its variations.

        Loading editor
    • yeah copying powers is the ultimate power , because you can copy any and every power

        Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • Almighty Replication & Supernatural manipulation

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.