- "Staleek, he can wrap time 'round his little finger; the hoodoo-voodoo is not gonna work!"
- ― John Crichton on Einstein, Farscape
- "Mastery is achieved when 'telling time' becomes 'telling time what to do'."
- ― Magic: The Gathering, Telling Time
- "Control Time, control EVERYTHING!"
- ― Acronix and Krux, LEGO Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- "This thing all things devours:
- Birds, beasts, trees, flowers
- Gnaws iron, bites steel;
- Grinds hard stones to meal;
- Slays king, ruins town,
- And beats high mountain down."
- ― One of Gollum's riddles for Bilbo, (The Hobbit Ch.5)
- "our reports showed a massive anomaly in the timespace continuum. timelines jumping left and right, stopping and starting...until suddenly, everything ends. heh heh heh... that's your fault, isn't it?"
- ― Sans, Undertale
- "Where Time is but a loop. A Loose Stitch in the universal cloth. A Streamer might Seize upon a chance, a fatal slip and plunge the fate of planets into chaos..."
- ― Moebius, Soul Reaver
The ability to manipulate time.
- Chrono Control/Force
- Fourth Dimension Manipulation
- Temporal Alteration/Bending/Control/Manipulation/Warping
- Time Alteration/Bending/Control/Warping/Manipulation
- Tempus Infinitum
The user can manipulate time in the general area or for a specific target in various ways, with the most basic of acts revolving around accelerating, slowing, stopping, and even rewinding or looping time. The range of the affected area is proportional to the mastery of the user, with those at higher levels being able affect the entire space-time continuum.
Since "time" exists and flows within "space", the two are interrelated, and by manipulating time, one is also distorting space proportionally. The effects of this relative distortion can vary, however. For example, controlling time of a mere object or person may not affect the space they reside in, whereas twisting the time-stream of an entire region of space can cause the area itself to warp. Additionally, due to time being so closely intertwined with our three-dimensional space, manipulating it might not affect another dimension, such as heaven or hell, in the same way it affects our own.
- Accelerate, slow and/or stop time to others while being able to move freely.
- Appearance of Enhanced Reflexes and Enhanced Speed.
- Temporal Looping
- Loop the time to gain Infinite Supply.
- Temporal Rewind to reverse the effects of recent events:
- Temporal Selection
- Temporal Stutter
- Time Travel
- Accelerated Probability
- Age Manipulation of both living beings and objects:
- Duration Manipulation
- Parachronal Cognition
- Parachronal Manipulation
- Perceive both past and future.
- Personal Time
- Temporal Banishment
- Temporal Cognition
- Temporal Duplication
- Temporal Erasure
- Temporal Exchange
- Temporal Interaction
- Temporal Intuition
- Temporal Isolation
- Temporal Matter Selection
- Temporal Phase Manipulation
- Temporal Protection
- Temporal Scramble
- Temporal Trapping
- Time Attacks
- Time Boundary
- Time Compression
- Time Defiance
- Time Energy Generation
- Time Energy Manipulation
- Time Field Projection
- Time Fusion
- Time Portal Creation
- Timed Events
- Timestream Shift
- Timing Defiance
- Ancient Empowerment
- Chronokinetic Combat
- Inevitable Event Creation
- Temporal Empowerment
- Temporal Messaging
- Temporal Phenomenon Inducement
- Temporal Shockwave
- Temporal Slicing
- Time Aura
- Time Perception Manipulation
- Time Physiology
- Timestorm Manipulation
- Dark Time Manipulation
- Event Border Manipulation
- Event Manipulation - manipulating time through the use of events that effect time.
- Future Manipulation
- Juncture Manipulation
- Past Manipulation
- Psychic Time Manipulation
- Pure Time Manipulation
- Time Embodiment
- Time Magic
- Acceleration Inducement
- Alternate Timeline Creation
- Clock Manipulation
- Cosmic Water Manipulation (Time is said to flow like water)
- Existence Manipulation
- Future-Probability Cognition
- Event Recreation
- Intertemporal Manipulation
- Lifespan Manipulation - control how long one's life lasts.
- Memory Manipulation - Memories are made as time passes on
- Meta Time Manipulation
- Motion Manipulation
- Nigh Omniscience
- Paradox Inducement - temporal paradoxes
- Probable Time Manipulation
- Quantum Weaponry
- Sands of Time Manipulation
- Season Manipulation
- Space-Time Manipulation
- Spatial-Temporal Lock by placing oneself outside space-time continuum.
- Temporal Displacement
- Temporal Entity Physiology
- Temporal Existence Manipulation
- Temporal Guardianship
- Temporal Lordship
- Temporal Monster Physiology
- Temporal Presence
- Temporal Source
- Temporal Technology
- Temporal Weaponry
- Timeline Manipulation
- May be able to affect only themselves.
- May have limited ability in both the length of time and area they can affect.
- Users of Omnilock, Spatial-Temporal Lock and Temporal Lock are immune to this power.
- Over-usage may strain the user.
- May be unable to affect certain objects, such as the deceased or inanimate.
- A given time, space, location, individual, object, dimension, etc. may have a limited number of times and/or ways in which it can be manipulated before "breaking", "tearing", or ceasing to exist.
See Also: Time Master.
- Hell (American Horror Story: Coven); time passes faster than on earth.
- Hyperbolic Time Chamber (Dragon Ball Z); time passes faster than on Earth.
- Feywild (Dungeons & Dragons); time in the Feywild is completely different to the Material Plane.
- Faerie (The Shadowhunter Chronicles); time passes differently than Earth, sometimes faster and sometimes slower.
- Hell (Supernatural); time passes faster than on Earth.