- "You know, I haven't been up here since Poland '43. Truth is, I loathe it. It's chilly. No stink of blood or sizzle of flesh or the wet flap of flayed skin. I don't know how you stand it."
- ― Alastair to Ruby (Supernatural)
- "The descent of this mighty creature shall be heralded by burning winds and twisted land. And with the coming of this horror, those who draw breath shall know the true meaning of eternal slumber."
- ― Card description of Obelisk the Tormentor (Yu-Gi-Oh!)
The power to torment evil souls. Opposite to Joy Bringer.
- Damnation Incarnate
- Soul Tormentor
- The Punisher of Sinners
- Torture Master
User has the abilities to pay evil unto evil. Inflicting an unspecific amount of pain and suffering for an unspecific amount of time due to all the evil the targets have committed. Ranging from minor torment to full blown torture of every kind. Sometimes this power comes as a natural skill to beings such as Demons and Satan.
- Darkside View
- Penance Stare
- Psychological Intuition
- Torture Intuition
- Supernatural Endurance/Absolute Endurance can withstand anything.
- Target may need to be a sinner or a perpetrator of evil acts.
- Using this power might make the user a target for the power.
- May be limited depending on how evil the target is.
- Samael (Judaism)
- Lucifer/Satan (Abrahamic Religions)
- The Seven Kings of Hell (Christian Mythology)
- Dean Winchester (Supernatural); when he served as Alastair's student.
- Alastair (Supernatural)
- Meg (Supernatural)
- Lucifer Morningstar (Lucifer)
- Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics)
- Damien Thorn (The Omen Series)
- Thamuz, Master Of Tortures (Image Comics)
- Spawn (Image Comics)
- Obelisk the Tormentor (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
- The Nine Circles of Hell (Christian Mythology)