- "Cyclops: Jean, I've been wondering—will you marry me?
- Jean Grey: Cyclops! Well, if we have children, they'll be mutants. They'll face the same problems we have all our lives.
- Cyclops: I wouldn't have it any other way."
- ― X-Men, "The Final Decision"
- "We were brothers, prototype commanders in the emerging field of psychic warfare. I was the favorite. I gave them what they wanted, I gave them blood. They say the Synchronicity with my mother made me...homicidal. He is the first prototype, his enhanced reflexes made him an unstoppable killer. When my brother found me, he put a bullet in my head. But our psychic link never broke, like a curse, bound by blood."
- ― Paxton Fettel (F.E.A.R.)
The condition to have the talents and/or powers of one or both of your parents. Sub-power of Ancestral Evocation.
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Gallery
- Genetic Powers
- Legacies (The Lorien Legacies)
- Parental Heredity
The user can copy the powers of their parents. If one of their parents was an artist, they'd gain their artistic talents without any practice. If one of their parents was in the Marine Corps, they gain their physical endurance without any training. If their parents were superheroes, they gain either one or both of their powers.
- Dominant Genetics - possess traits that make it like to inherit powers.
- Generational Empowerment - power is boosted as more and more generations possess powers.
- Guardian Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers from past heroes and protectors.
- Father Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your biological father.
- Mother Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your biological mother.
- Grandfather Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers from your biological grandfather.
- Grandmother Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your biological grandmother.
- Ancestor Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your ancestors.
- Sibling Inheritance - inherit the abilities of one's siblings.
- Aunt Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your biological aunt.
- Uncle Inheritance - imitate/inherit the powers of your biological uncle.
- Parasitic Inheritance - inherit the abilities of one's hosts.
- Recessive Genetics - possess traits that make it unlikely to inherit powers.
- Royal Inheritance - inherit powers from one's royal bloodline.
- Only works if your powers are passed down by your parents.
- May be limited to the powers from a single parent, but can gain the powers from the other parent later on in life.
- Power can be replicated by DNA Replication.
- Powers could skip a generation or two before manifesting later down the line.
See Also: Superpowerful Genetics.