- "Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn."
- ― Mike Tyson
- "Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice. We are all telling ourselves a story and that day mine changed."
- ― Cypher Raige (After Earth)
- "I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid, I'm not afraid... I.. I am afraid. I'm afraid, but that doesn't mean I can't fight back."
- ― Raven (Teen Titans) while facing her most terrifying fears
- Conquest Over Fear
- Fear Conquest/Mastery
- Ghosting (After Earth)
- Mastery of Fear
The user can control their fear while retaining tranquility and are able to face what they're afraid of with relentless courage of a warrior while gaining the vigilance and precaution of a survivor. If users master their fear they can develop an intuition of fear itself, using it to their own benefit and induce fear into others.
The user can act in perfect clarity even under the most extreme kinds of horrors or traumatic experiences, allowing them to endure the extreme mental stress, achieve temporary fearlessness, be immune to fear manipulation and resistant to torture using fear.
Unlike Fearlessness or Fear Masking, the user doesn't have an apathy to fear or just be courageous alone, but rather they embrace their fears with courage in order to master it with complete emotional equilibrium and tranquility.
- Adrenal Activation
- Enhanced Caution
- Enhanced Intuition
- Enhanced Preparedness
- Hyper Awareness
- Indomitable Fear
- Tranquil State
- Fear Empowerment
- Fear Masking
- Horror Survivor/Survival Mode
- Tranquil Combat
- Tranquil Emotions
- User can't constantly control their fear.
- Must be able to keep their tranquility.
- Cannot master the fears of others
- May require meditation to perform.
- Kitai Raige (After Earth)
- Alan Wake (Alan Wake)
- Amanda Ripley (Alien: Isolation)
- Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
- Bruce Wayne/Batman (DC Comics)
- Jessica Cruz (DC Comics)
- Isaac Clarke (Dead Space series)
- Agatsuma Zenitsu (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Alice (Resident Evil)
- Sebastian Castellanos (The Evil Within series)
- Captain J.F. Blake (The Thing video game)
- Harry Mason (Silent Hill)
- Luigi (Superstar Saga: Mario & Luigi); while under hypnosis
- Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo)
- Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
- Raven (Teen Titans/DC Comics)