- " The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed."
- ― Lion Turtle (Avatar: the Last Airbender)
- "Panic is Pointless."
- ― Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman (DC Comics)
- "Anger is the god of fools."
- ― O-Sensei (DC Comics)
- "His overwhelming coolness towards those who would do him harm is greater than my own."
- ― Hiei on Yoko Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- "Focus on staying calm before you worry about speed."
- ― Jotaro Kujo to Koichi Hirose (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV: Diamond is Unbreakable)
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Gallery
- Assertion of Willpower
- Calm Determination
- Exercise of Willpower
- Emotional Strength/Resilience
- Mental Endurance/Fortitude/Indestructible/Resilience/Resistance
- Nerves of Steel
- Psychological Resilience
- Poker Face
- Relentless Willpower
- Spartan Discipline/Mindset/Tough
- Self-Assertive Willpower
- Soul of an Army
- Soul of Ice (Ranma 1/2)
- Unshakable Resilience/Will/Willpower
User can remain calm in virtually any situation, allowing them to think with perfect clarity even when under extreme emotional or physical distress. Users can endure mental stress and can be essentially immune to emotion manipulation and highly resistant to torture.
- Fear Masking
- Avoid hesitating in some situations.
- Give the impression that one is immune to pain.
- Intimidation by demonstrating the total disregard of pain or willingness to do anything to achieve their goal.
- May allow Empaths to use their powers with greater ease.
- Maximum Concentration Capacity by thinking clearly in dangerous situations.
- Tranquil Combat
- Enter or be in a state of absolute serenity/tranquility.
- Temporarily or permanently empty oneself of emotion. It allows the user to operate at peak efficiency by blocking out any external distractions, which may alter the properties of the user's chi.
- Users can channel the power of their emotions while maintaining complete focus and control.
- Aura Manipulation
- Chi Manipulation
- Clear Mind
- Enhanced Wits
- Fear Masking
- Indomitable Will
- Martial Arts Intuition
- Pain Suppression
- Serenity Inducement
- Spiritual Meditation
- Tranquil Activity
- Low-level users may only be able to maintain this state for a short time.
- Constant suppression of emotions may result in mental instability.
- Pain is still felt although the reaction is suppressed.
- May require meditation to perform.
- Certain events can cause users to be caught off guard.
- This power is able to delay users of gratification.
- Users can do what is in their own best interest without regards for the rights, needs, feelings, or desires of other people.
- Users can pursue at what they think is right despite temptations to abandon it.