- "The name is the thing, and the true name is the true thing. To speak the name is to control the thing."
- ― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Rule of Names
The ability to manipulate the true name. Sub-power of Linguistic Manipulation.
The user can manipulate true names - the metaphysical representations of sentient being - which grants them certain amount of power over the target being able to find, control, summon and banish them among others.
- Command Inducement
- Defense Break
- Freedom - knowing your own true name can make you resistant to the influence of others.
- Identity Manipulation - by changing the targets true name.
- Name Identification
- Name Severing
- Nonexistence - by erasing targets name from reality.
- Power Negation - by causing targets to lose their name.
- Shapeshifting Negation -- speaking a shapeshifted being's true name may restore them to their true form.
- Beings with Nonexistent Physiology have no true names.
- Beings with Identity Dominance can turn this power against the user.
- Beings suffering from Identity Loss may be immune.
- Users of Nameless Existence are immune.
See Also: I Know Your True Name