- "I don't remember much after the explosion, but somewhere amongst the planetary debris the core of my being still existed, one living cell survived, and that is all I needed for my regeneration... Soon that living cell began to multiply into many, it wasn't long before I became conscious of my transformation, I could feel every part of my body growing, crackling with new life and energy. My shapeless mass began to sprout new limbs, first my legs, then my arms, and in no time, my whole body was restored!"
- ― Cell, Dragon Ball Z
The power to heal from any bodily damage on an ultimate level. Ultimate physical variation of Regenerative Healing Factor.
- Complete Regeneration
- Immortal Regeneration
- Perfect Regeneration
The user can heal from any bodily damage depending on their respective level.
Because the cells and telomere lengths are constantly regenerating and rejuvenating, users do not age, can recover any damaged body parts, and sustenance requirements are drastically reduced, to the point where the user attains a form of immortality. Even the separation and destruction of the head is pointless, as the user can simply regenerate an entire head or body, repairing any and all brain and nerve cells to perfect working order, keeping the user's mind intact.
Users are effectively immune to drugs, disease, and all harmful foreign substances, and will be forever in their optimal health and physical prime. They are immune, or at least highly resistant, to telepathic attacks, since the regenerative power restores brain cells to its unaltered state, blocking one's mind from any attacks or invasive attempts.
Aside from complete recovery, the ability is also adaptively intelligent, meaning it will not multiply harmful cells such as tumors, but instead repair the sick cells to their original, optimal healthy forms. Also, the user does not require to turn twisted limbs in the right orientation manually for regeneration to occur. Even if something is jammed into the body, it will not prevent regeneration as it can simply shift the obstacle to make the recovery complete. If the user gains the ability after birth, then the ability can also heal any and all birth defects such as heredity illnesses and unformed limbs.
The user's regeneration is so powerful, that their blood may be laced with healing properties as a side effect, allowing them to heal others via transfusions.
Levels of Ultimate Regeneration
Primarily, there are four levels to this power -
- Level 1- User can regenerate from a single cell. Eg- Cell (Dragon Ball Series)
- Level 2- User can regenerate from a single strand of DNA or substances like vapors/ashes that might remain after the destruction of their body. Eg- Majin Buu (Dragon Ball Series)
- Level 3- Users can regenerate from a single atom/sub-atomic particle, complete destruction results in immediate and complete restoration. Eg- Immortals from (Baccano)
- Level 4- User can regenerate even after the erasure of their physical body. Eg- Nobles (Vampire Hunter D)
- Accelerating Regeneration
- Adaptive Regeneration
- Bone Regeneration
- Contaminant Immunity
- Disease Immunity
- Genetic Perfection
- Head Regrowth
- Health Ailment Immunity
- Healing Blood
- Injury Immunity
- Intelligent Regeneration
- Limb Regrowth
- Mental Healing/Regeneration
- Nerve Regeneration
- Pain Suppression
- Psychic Shield
- Regenerative Durability
- Sensory Regeneration
- Supernatural Survivability
- Telomere Regeneration
- Thermal Resistance
- Absolute Body
- Absolute Condition
- Adaptive Regeneration
- Biological Manipulation
- Body Manipulation
- Health Manipulation
- Infinite Supply
- Life-Force Generation
- Regenerative Cloning
- Regenerative Empowerment
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Supernatural Cells
- Complete Destruction of their body will kill the users of level 1-3.
- User may still feel pain.
- Soul Removal and Temporal Erasure can kill the user.
- Users of Healing Factor Nullification/Irreversible Destruction can prevent wounds from healing.
- Users of Healing Erasure can remove this power.
- As ultimate regeneration (level 1-3) depends on the functionality of the cells and/or molecules, those with abilities in association with radiation can obliterate their healing factor to the point of ceasing functionality.
See Also: From A Single Cell.
- Ambrosia (A Certain Magical Index)
- Cure-All Elixir (Baccano)
- Grand Panacea (Baccano)
- Guyver Units (The Guyver); via the Control Medal
- Hōrai Elixir (Touhou Project)
- Summoning Technique: Impure World Reincarnation (Naruto)