- "Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those members of it who are dead."
- ― Terry Pratchett (Good Omens)
- "In voodoo, the demarcation between life and death is more fluid; helping voodoo followers create order out of disorder."
- ― ‘Gods of Suburbia’: Dina Goldstein’s Arresting Photo Series on Religion vs. Consumerism
The power to utilize voodoo magic. Form of Magic. Practitioners of this trade are often known as bokors or witch doctors.
The user can utilize voodoo magic, ie. access supernatural forces to improve their daily lives to attain power or success ("luck") in many areas of life including money, love, divination, revenge, health, employment, and necromancy. As in many other spiritual and medical folk practices, extensive use is made of herbs, minerals, parts of animals' bodies, an individual's possessions and bodily fluids.
Voodoo magic practitioners like using sympathetic magic principles which has two aspects: Law of Similarity or "like affects like": model or miniature of a real-world object which affects the real-life counterpart when it is changed. For example, a miniature New York where you can move buildings and they'll move in the real New York. Or a globe (careful with it) if you poke it carelessly, you'll crush the entirety of China. Second is Law of Contact/Contagion: that things which have once been in contact with each other continue to act on each other at a distance after the physical contact has been severed. This latter makes someone who knows how to do it right truly dangerous because they can ignore any distance to hurt someone with only a bit of something they have used or (even better) part of them, hair and nail-clippings are traditional for this.
- Body Magic
- Card Magic
- Hypnotic Magic
- Love Magic
- Luck Magic
- Puppet Mastery
- Shadow Magic
- Spirit Magic
- Sympathetic Magic
- Voodoo Doll Creation
- Mystical Conversion
- Orisha Physiology
- Vodou Deity Physiology
- Magic Negation/Magic Destruction
- Most have to deal with the Loa.
- May have to bargain with/serve loas for power.
See Also: Hollywood Voodoo.