- Bat Form
- Bat Transformation
- Chiropteranthrope Physiology
- Chiroptera Transformation
- Vampire-dominant Hybrid Form (Underworld)
User with this ability is either a werebat, a human or humanoid being with the ability to transform into a bat or an anthropomorphic bat-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse/affliction as a result of either vampirism, a magic spell, a scientific experiment gone wrong, or a scratch/bite from a bat or another werebat. This transformation is often associated with vampires and vampire-like beings.
The user gains the traits of werebats, most obvious being ability to change into a bat or batlike creature with the natural characteristics inherent to both bats and humans (or vampires), including senses, stamina, agility, etc. In addition werebats are often attributed flight, echolocation, enhanced hearing, and may have them in lesser amount even when untransformed.
Other than this, details vary considerably: some are limited to single form which ranges from completely animal to man-bat (humanoid with batlike ears, leathery wings, claws and fangs); some can shift between human, man-bat (humanoid bat) and completely bat; while others are able to choose to what extent they want to change, including what parts. Their bat-form may be completely natural bat in form, a very large monstrous wolf, or even something directly from the darkest dredges of human fear of bats or mythological vampire/bat-like creatures. Sometimes the user's bat-form is actually its true body/appearance but can disguise itself as a human or humanoid creature.
- Claw Retraction
- Bat Physiology
- Aerial Adaptation
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Wing Manifestation
- Enhanced Condition or Supernatural Condition
- Wing Manifestation which grants either Flight or Gliding
- Night Vision
- Prey Instinct
- Blood Consumption
- Painless Damage (via saliva)
- Disease Immunity (Blood-Based)
- Decelerated Aging or Semi-Immortality
- Lunar/Night Empowerment
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Were-Bats may be vulnerable to bullets of pure silver.
- Transformation may be painful.
- Transformation may be limited to nights, perhaps dependent on the lunar phase.
- May be unable to retain control to bestial urges.
- May have an insatiable appetite for fruit, blood, insects etc.
- May have the same weaknesses as vampires such as sunlight, garlic, stakes, silver, crosses etc.
- Bat - Creature (Batman: The Animated Series)
- Chiropterans (Blood+)
- Dracula (Bram Stoker's Dracula 1992)
- Alucard (Castlevania Games)
- Kirk Langstrom/Man-Bat (DC Comics)
- Vampires (Folklore/Mythology)
- Aswang (Folklore/Mythology)
- Aswang (Grimm)
- Marcus Corvinus (Underworld: Evolution)
- Vampires (Van Helsing)