- "Lina: How are your wings attached?
- Serene: They just grow on my back.
- Lina: They don't come off?
- Serene: Do your arms come off?"
- ― Riviera: The Promised Land
- 1 Also Called
- 2 Capabilities
- 3 Applications
- 4 Variations
- 5 Associations
- 6 Limitations
- 7 Known Users
- 8 Gallery
- Retractable Wings
- Wing Creation/Generation/Materialization
- Wing Retraction
User has or is able to manifest wings that grow or are attached to the body allowing flight. They may also protect from rear attacks or detach and re-grow for quick getaways.
- Flight or Gliding
- High level users can achieve High-Speed Flight.
- Can use wings as weapons or protection.
- Ankle Wing Manifestation
- Cosmic Wing Manifestation
- Digital Wing Manifestation
- Elemental Wing Manifestation
- Magical Wing Manifestation
- Mechanical Wing Manifestation
- Multiple Wings
- Organic Wing Manifestation
- Patagia Manifestation
See also Methods of Flight
- Aerial Combat Mastery
- Air Manipulation
- Angel Physiology
- Atmospheric Adaptation
- Avian Physiology
- Bat Physiology
- Demon Physiology
- Dragon Physiology
- Harpy Physiology
- Pterosaur Physiology
- Fairy Physiology
- Feather Manipulation
- Insect Physiology
- Wing Manipulation
- May not be able to retract the wings.
- May suffer from cold and/or altitude sickness, unless the users have adapting skills to the changes in altitude.
- Dependent of the user's physical abilities, stamina and strength.
- The user's wings may not be built for flying, instead only for gliding.
- Needs enough thrust and lift, so the size/condition of wings and the thickness of air are obvious problems to overcome.
- Because of the size of the wings needed, has to have enough room for both the lift-off and flight itself, not to mention enough speed to avoid stalling.
- Flight-ceiling depends of both the density of air needed to fly and breath, and how cold-resistant the user is.
- Some wings can be damaged or destroyed, causing user to lose ability to fly efficiently, stay airborne, or render them unable to fly altogether.
- Depending on user, may expend energy if they need to flap the wings, either when taking off, flying, or landing.
- Damage or destruction to wings may be injury similar to that of other limbs, leading to pain, bleeding, and infection.
- May cause pain/harm to the user when wings develop from their back.
See Also: Winged Tropes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.