- "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR!"
- ― Odin (Thor/Marvel Comics)
- "For countless eons I have guarded this magical power of time travel. All have been denied, from the mightiest of giants, to the tiniest of warriors. You see samurai, only one man has been prophesied to defeat me. And that man is the only man who can use this time passage. And you, my man... ain't that man."
- ― The Guardian (Samurai Jack)
- "Then I shall be holding it forever...if not longer."
- ― The Rock of Ages (Merlin)
- Object Authority (Sword Art Online)
The user can enchant any object (weapons, jewelry, furniture, etc.) to be used by only those who have proven themselves worthy (as defined by the user) of using said object. Unworthy can not use the object or it's powers or even pick it up at all due to the enchantment, even if the person in question has Enhanced Strength or Supernatural Strength.
- Empathic Weaponry
- Powerful Objects
- Powers via Object
- Sentient Weaponry
- Soul-Bound Weapon
- Weapon Manipulation
- Worthiness Bypassing
- Controlling the enchantment:
- Using the object:
- May take years before a worthy wielder appears.
- Something may happen to make the wielder unworthy.
- Usurp Worth can bypass the worthiness requirement.
- Beings that are neither worthy nor unworthy may be immune to the enchantment:
- Livlaster Entity (Captain Earth)
- Odin (Marvel Comics/MCU)
- Merlin (Folklore)
- King Arthur (Folklore)
- Zelda (Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Inu no Taishō (InuYasha)
- Rock of Ages (Merlin)
- Princess Celestia (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
- The Three Gods (Samurai Jack)
- Origin (Tales of Symphonia)