- "Hanzo Hasashi is dead. My name...is Scorpion"
- ― Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
- Black Soul/Spirit Physiology
- Black Ghost/Phantom/Spectre Physiology
- Corrupt/Evil Soul/Spirit Physiology
- Corrupt/Evil Ghost/Phantom/Spectre Physiology
- Dark Soul/Spirit Physiology
- Nether Soul/Spirit Physiology
- Nether Ghost/Phantom/Spectre Physiology
- Wraith Mimicry
User with this ability either is or can transform into a wraith, an incorporeal evil spirit from the netherworld - distinct from demons - that drains the life energy of mortals in order to sustain their existence and may be able to steal souls as well. Typically wraiths appear as shadowy forms wrapped in robes or cloaks, or simply vague shadows, but this isn't always the case.
Unlike the psychopomp beings like the Death Spirits and Shinigami, which their main task is to escort spirits to the afterlife in order to be judged, Wraiths tend to do the opposite, since they technically absorb souls to quench their hunger, and/or to remain in existence depending on the deviating depictions.
- Decelerated Aging, Semi-Immortality or Immortality
- Fear Inducement
- Life-Force Absorption
- Regenerative Healing Factor
- Death-Force Manipulation
- Non-Physical Interaction
- Soul Absorption
- Tangibility Interplay
- Ghost Physiology
- Revenant Physiology
- Grim Reaper Physiology
- Nether Physiology
- Spirit Physiology
- May be weak against sunlight.
- May be weak against magic or even other supernatural forces.
- May still be overpowered by death based creatures perhaps even by grim reapers.